Page 114 of 455 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what this year brings for Easton. IMO Carson really made a jump from his JR season to his SR season, not to say that Easton is Carson. He needs to take on more of an alpha role this season, which may or may not be a part of his personality, but if he does he could shoot up draft boards.
    I'd argue that by any objective measure Easton is already playing as well as Carson, Walker or Brock ever did.

When it comes to the NFL, Stick and Carson shouldn't really be compared. Jensen is a better comp I guess.

For Stick to get drafted he needs to improve his mechanics and consistency a lot.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    When it comes to the NFL, Stick and Carson shouldn't really be compared. Jensen is a better comp I guess.
    what are you basing that on?

arm strength....well neither are cloise to cw, but ES is closer to CW than he is to BJ.

smarts xoxos..they way i hear it ES is where cw was at this stage. we never heard much about BJ in rhis area, so its hard to say.

stature/leadership....all 3 seem to be stand up individuals.

work ethic....seems like all 3 put in the time

Good to be a Bison

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I'm guessing you are talking about Jensen and Stick? I think they are similar QBs in that they are great college QBs but have/had some significant issues that hold them back at the next level. For Brock it was his arm and for Easton it is mechanics and consistency.

Easton also isn't that great in a two minute drill while Brock had a much better command of the offense.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    wow. I wouldn’t have expected that.

I'm guessing you are talking about Jensen and Stick? I think they are similar QBs in that they are great college QBs but have/had some significant issues that hold them back at the next level. For Brock it was his arm and for Easton it is mechanics and consistency.

Easton also isn't that great in a two minute drill while Brock had a much better command of the offense.
    Is ES the issue in A hurry up oftens or is it our coaches.
    accuracy.. Ross Unglum, Charted out ES throws pretty well last year and he was more on target than he was off. Hit a lot of wr in the hands. Also that's a little bit like comparing cats and dogs I don't recall Brock throwing the ball much further than 25 yds ever! He was more of 5 -10 yard guy. ES airs it out lot more than BJ ever did.

arm strength....well neither are cloise to cw, but ES is closer to CW than he is to BJ.

smarts xoxos..they way i hear it ES is where cw was at this stage. we never heard much about BJ in rhis area, so its hard to say.

stature/leadership....all 3 seem to be stand up individuals.

work ethic....seems like all 3 put in the time

Good to be a Bison
    Carson has the prototypical frame and the prototypical arm to play NFL football, on top of that he has the mind and work ethic to match the physical gifts he has been blessed with. I just don't think it is fair to Easton to make the comp to him, like I said he is a great college QB but at the next level it is a very different game.

Stick also doesn't have remotely the command of the offense that Wentz had. Wentz could get the team in a two minute drill and drive down the field with his arm and make it look easy.

Is ES the issue in A hurry up oftens or is it our coaches.
    I think it is a combination of the two really.

Carson has the prototypical frame and the prototypical arm to play NFL football, on top of that he has the mind and work ethic to match the physical gifts he has been blessed with. I just don't think it is fair to Easton to make the comp to him, like I said he is a great college QB but at the next level it is a very different game.

Stick also doesn't have remotely the command of the offense that Wentz had. Wentz could get the team in a two minute drill and drive down the field with his arm and make it look easy.
    i get what your saying, I'm just saying I think ES is closer to CW than he is to BJ. Do I think hes gonna be a top 4 round pick absolutely not

Also I think ES is a lot better and has a lot more command of things, more accurate than people give him credit for.

Sometimes it's hard to discern if people are actually making real live comparisons or just talking about what they think they know Or heard from some guy they talk to at a bar.

To be clear I'm not directing that at you rather just saying it in general

I think it is a combination of the two really.
    I think what makes CW stand out is his arm and his ability to process information extremely fast.

I think ES has all the tools to be a pro qb. If he can put them all together consistently .

I don't think BJ had all of the tools needed to be an NFL QB.....arm strength!