Page 107 of 455 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    It should be against the law to boost these player threads Wednesday-Sunday without a clear disclaimer that it is NOT an injury. I'd sue for a near heart attack if you weren't a lawyer.
    I’ve got a suggestion. Quit assuming it’s something bad

I think you only get 5 years of eligibility if you redshirt one year. Remember when Andre Martin transferred from UNI to NDSU? He didn't have to sit out a year because he was enrolled in a graduate program not offered at UNI. Russell Wilson did the same thing when transferring to Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Whats the protocol on someone getting a master's degree and playing sports? I have no idea.

Like, if tom brady wanted to go get his master's degree, could he go back to Michigan for 4 years and win the CFP 4 times? hahaha

Are sports exclusively available to undergrads? Wasn't Brandon Weeden for OkSt like 30 years old when he played or something?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I think you only get 5 years of eligibility if you redshirt one year. Remember when Andre Martin transferred from UNI to NDSU? He didn't have to sit out a year because he was enrolled in a graduate program not offered at UNI. Russell Wilson did the same thing when transferring to Wisconsin.
    You get 5 years to get your 4 years of playing time in. He had one year left and was graduating early. The only way you get another year to play is under extreme medical hardship.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You get 5 years to get your 4 years of playing time in. He had one year left and was graduating early. The only way you get another year to play is under extreme medical hardship.
    Then what about these stories you see every once in a while, some 50 year old guy going to college plays for the football team?
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Then what about these stories you see every once in a while, some 50 year old guy going to college plays for the football team?
    Not NCAA.........
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by kristind View Post
    My husband and I were discussing this the other day. This was the info I had found on the interwebs...

"There is an age limit for NCAA*Division I*and*II*sports. The NCAA allows a one year grace period after high school graduation for DI and II schools. One year after your high school class graduates is when your eligibility will start to be affected in all sports except for hockey, skiing and tennis. The eligibility clock does not start for hockey players and skiers until after their 21st birthday. Tennis players start losing eligibility 6 months after they graduate high school.

The*NCAA*gives you 5 years to compete in 4 seasons athletically, with the fifth year being a red-shirt year. A red-shirt year gives athletes the opportunity to sit out a year of competition (for reasons such as injury or competition for playing time) and still be allowed to compete in all four years athletically."
    This is true. However the NCAA will grant exceptions or what not for various reasons. One being military service. Recent one comes to mind is the guy at UCF.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    I’ve got a suggestion. Quit assuming it’s something bad
    Good idea. Never thought of that!
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So my dream of being out there looking like Jared Lorenzen is done?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    So my dream of being out there looking like Jared Lorenzen is done?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Ha! The Hefty Lefty! I loved this quote from one of his interviews back in the day:

He and Tamara -- they'd been dating since high school -- had a daughter named Taylar the summer after Lorenzen's junior year at UK. Dale Mueller remembers laughing at an interview Lorenzen gave back then: "I have to feed her at 9 and 11 and 1 and 3 and 5. It doesn't bother me because that's my feeding schedule too."
    http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...battle-weight:

Since the loss to the Jackrabbits, Easton has looked nothing sort of phenomenal. He looks sharp, polished, and poised. He looks like a leader and winner. He has played nearly flawless football. He looks very much like a mobile Steve Walker. If he plays like this in the Championship, I don't see how anyone can beat us.