Page 10 of 455 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    WTF?!?!?!? -->repeat!!

Exactly!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Why? Every team has 3-4 qb. They will be given the same opportunity. Wentz could start for 2 years and after they would have as much of a chance as anyone. Heck McGinnis had a chance to start next year. All it takes is an injury. Davis could be a 3 year starter. Too early to know. Besides they are getting a free EDUCATION. Most people are smart enough to take that instead of 40k in debt

Well the way everyone has a hard-on for this Stick guy...he must be leap-frogging to the front of the line not?

I got Jose Mohler right (that was 2 easy though) AND I called Ryan Stanford's transfer as well...come to think of it, this isn't such a stretch after all...

I hope that never happens of course..

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I think Tony A.'s point is valid, even though he is being ripped for it. Perhaps a better way of saying it is none of us should be surprised if we see a QB transfer out in the next 1-2 years if they see themselves buried on the depth chart with little hope to play if that is their desire. Think Jose.....he saw the writing on the wall with Jensen, Thorton, Wentz.....he was going to be 3 at best that year will little eligibility left.

The mistake Tony A. made is we have no idea who the "odd man out" will be. OR, if they are willing to stick it out anyway (like Thorton).
    Those who stay will be champions. It's unfortunate that some people on the team never see the field, but that does not take away from the hard work and help that they put into the team. Scout players are HUGE in preparing the team for the next week's opponent. They also push players to develop because if they don't, someone is right behind them to take their place. Everyone is a part of the team, whether we see them on the field or not.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Those who stay will be champions. It's unfortunate that some people on the team never see the field, but that does not take away from the hard work and help that they put into the team. Scout players are HUGE in preparing the team for the next week's opponent. They also push players to develop because if they don't, someone is right behind them to take their place. Everyone is a part of the team, whether we see them on the field or not.
    Hey you are preaching to the choir, but if a guy (no you or me) values playing more than staying to be a champion, it will happen as it has in the past. I am just being realistic which I why I was surprised everyone was ripping on Tony A.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    like where, Cuba?
    American Samoa actually has a huge presence in the NFL. Something like 30-40 times the rate of us continentals.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Hey you are preaching to the choir, but if a guy (no you or me) values playing more than staying to be a champion, it will happen as it has in the past. I am just being realistic which I why I was surprised everyone was ripping on Tony A.
    I also dont expect all of these kids to be around next year. They want to play and if the are competitors they don want to play behind anyone. So if you are the #3 or #4 QB are you going to work your ass off and never see the field? Remember they will be bringing in another new QB next year and the year after that. .
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    What you say is true and easy to say from the outside looking in. As far as the player is concerned they may have a different perspective. As in do I stay, we win a championship but I never played a minute of game time. Or move on to where the situation is more favorable for playing time and you get to do what you have always dreamed---to play college football.
    What would you do?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Being.second string does not mean you won't play. It means the team is an injury away from you starting. To speculate whether a player will transfer or stay is garbage IMO. Let the situation work itself out. Fueling a fire that hasn't been started yet is destructive. Someone needs to be the starter for iowa in 2016 and it will most likely be Mcginnis, Davis or Stick.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

When i doubt, just trust Coach Bohl.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Being.second string does not mean you won't play. It means the team is an injury away from you starting. To speculate whether a player will transfer or stay is garbage IMO. Let the situation work itself out. Fueling a fire that hasn't been started yet is destructive. Someone needs to be the starter for iowa in 2016 and it will most likely be Mcginnis, Davis or Stick.
    And to speculate on the promise-premise that some one will get hurt so you can start does not serve one well either. Regardless of that reality.

But if one is #3 or #4 on the depth chart you seriously have to look out for your future because some one is going to start getting schollie money pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    I actually agree with both Sams and PL. Someone will be starting after Wentz is gone. Much of it has to do with timing. No matter what happens with Wentz, Stick will be in a position to start for 3 years. Davis for 2 years. McGinnis depends. If he beats out Wentz, he could be a 3 year starter. If he doesn't, he may only be a 1 year starter. He could go into the season as the #2 guy but gets the opportunity to play due to an injury and do so well he keeps the spot. So many possibilities.

I wouldn't be shocked if 1 QB leaves in a few years but that's just normal attrition. I just hope everyone competes hard and remains pacient. The time will come

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com