Page 298 of 455 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    All this talk about Easton switching to receiver has me thinking only one thing... can he catch?
    Or run routes, or really any receiver things.... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    We know he can dribble...
    I see what you did there.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Maybe his intelligence, or lack thereof, reflects in his interviews. He also strikes me as immature, even for his young age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here is one assessment.

"These were the worst comments I ever got on a high-rated quarterback, and I’ve been doing this a long time," Casserly said Tuesday. Casserly added: "Leadership - not good. Study habits - not good. The board work - below not good. Not good at all in any of those areas, raising major concerns about what this guy is going to do."
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...BBnb7Kz#page=2
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Here is one assessment.

"These were the worst comments I ever got on a high-rated quarterback, and I’ve been doing this a long time," Casserly said Tuesday. Casserly added: "Leadership - not good. Study habits - not good. The board work - below not good. Not good at all in any of those areas, raising major concerns about what this guy is going to do."
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...BBnb7Kz#page=2
    I just see him using the NFL to get a big rookie contract then moving on to baseball. Starting out in the NFL is a lot better than riding a bus in the minors. Seems to have 'bust' written all over him.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It is surprising that the assessments of Easton are so different. Caplan seems to think Easton was the most accurate at Shrine week. I wonder if some of the "draft scouts" look at completed passes. During the WR drills at the combine, on one of the deep go patterns, Easton was throwing further outside the hashes, which made the WR have to track and move to the ball a bit more than the other QB's. To a casual observer, he may have looked inaccurate, but you can hear the coaches telling the QB's to throw with touch outside the hashes. They literally wanted Easton's throws to test the WR's tracking skills. I'm not saying Easton was perfect, because he had some misses, but he seemed to respond well to coaching.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Stadium/s...45154235539456

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I wonder if Stick was 2 inches taller, how much more the hype about him would be. Is it just his height, or the FCS label, or something the scouts see that is limiting his draft projections.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    It is surprising that the assessments of Easton are so different. Caplan seems to think Easton was the most accurate at Shrine week. I wonder if some of the "draft scouts" look at completed passes. During the WR drills at the combine, on one of the deep go patterns, Easton was throwing further outside the hashes, which made the WR have to track and move to the ball a bit more than the other QB's. To a casual observer, he may have looked inaccurate, but you can hear the coaches telling the QB's to throw with touch outside the hashes. They literally wanted Easton's throws to test the WR's tracking skills. I'm not saying Easton was perfect, because he had some misses, but he seemed to respond well to coaching.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Stadium/s...45154235539456
    That was one of things I picked up during Easton's throwing drills (well, the ones that didn't get cut-off for commercial breaks). He seemed to adjust immediately to whatever the coach told him to do, especially if the first pass was to their liking. Being coachable is a huge plus.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I would guess that's only going to be addressed once absolutely necessary. Stick and his camp want no part of leading that discussion since any talk of that automatically brings doubt on his ability to make it as a QB. Just imo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yessir too right. Easton can do a LOT of things. Football is just one of them.
    Don't believe everything you think.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I wonder if Stick was 2 inches taller, how much more the hype about him would be. Is it just his height, or the FCS label, or something the scouts see that is limiting his draft projections.
    Height and lacking an elite arm are the main knocks it seems. If you have a rocket arm and prototype size, like Tyree Jackisn, then they tend to overlook a lot of your flaws, such as accuracy issues.