Page 156 of 455 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You may be right but it's definitely not clear from my point of view. Since Mike Houston got there they're 28-2 (NDSU is 26-3 in that time) with 1 FCS loss (NDSU has 3 over the same span). They were one game away from pretty clearly establishing themselves as the new gold standard of FCS programs back last January. Obviously we all know how that turned out but I wouldn't expect them to fall off much... they still seem like the #1 contender to me.
    Least pretendener of all the previous contenders that's for sure.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You may be right but it's definitely not clear from my point of view. Since Mike Houston got there they're 28-2 (NDSU is 26-3 in that time) with 1 FCS loss (NDSU has 3 over the same span). They were one game away from pretty clearly establishing themselves as the new gold standard of FCS programs back last January. Obviously we all know how that turned out but I wouldn't expect them to fall off much... they still seem like the #1 contender to me.
    There is a fine line in college football. Yep, JMU was one play away from being back to back. Until I see a drop off they are the biggest threat out there!

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

HOT TAKE:

Nick Foles plays and wins the first two games for the Eagles, making his value skyrocket. Carson takes over and wins it all again because God loves him and the Bison. Off season the eagles trade Foles for a fortune. They then, (on the advice of a special someone) bide their time and take Easton as late in the draft as they can get away with. 3-4th round. Easton backs up Carson again. There is much rejoicing!

JMU will miss Schor in the regular season. He was the glue.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    HOT TAKE:

Nick Foles plays and wins the first two games for the Eagles, making his value skyrocket. Carson takes over and wins it all again because God loves him and the Bison. Off season the eagles trade Foles for a fortune. They then, (on the advice of a special someone) bide their time and take Easton as late in the draft as they can get away with. 3-4th round. Easton backs up Carson again. There is much rejoicing!
    Meh, I would rather Easton go to a team that is ready to invest in him as a future starter.
    Insert something clever here...

HOT TAKE:

This would all work except for the fact that Foles is an unrestricted free agent next offseason so I doubt he'll re-sign with the Eagles just so they can trade him rather than going to his team of choice for starter money. If the Eagles are going to trade him they need to do it before the trade deadline this year (which is in mid-October I believe).

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

HOT TAKE:

Capitalizing on Nick Foles in the trade market has already passed. Also, I believe he is a FA at the end of the season.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Dom Izzo thinks the 2018 offensive line will be the best one yet. That should help make Easton look even better.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Meh, I would rather Easton go to a team that is ready to invest in him as a future starter.
    Ding ding ding ding ding...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    This. Would be something to see Easton vs Carson in an NFL game.