Page 277 of 455 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

I’m a huge NDSU and Easton Stick fan.

But saying that Stick is the best college football player in the country does no one any favors except the UND trolls. Has anyone here watched Tua Tagavailoa or Trevor Lawrence play this year? They are inhumanly good.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post

But saying that Stick is the best college football player in the country does no one any favors except the UND trolls. Has anyone here watched Tua Tagavailoa or Trevor Lawrence play this year? They are inhumanly good.
    Take it up with Klieman, then. Or maybe gizmo. But not good ol' Vet in this case. If you're going to call someone out on something, at least read carefully.

Saying anyone is "the best" at anything, by definition, is a subjective statement that is open to interpretation with many caveats and qualifiers. I'm sure Klieman had his reasons for saying what he did, and I don't think he was blowing smoke. But I also think there are a lot of great college football players, and by many standards, Easton is not among the best of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Take it up with Klieman, then. Or maybe gizmo. But not good ol' Vet in this case. If you're going to call someone out on something, at least read carefully.

Saying anyone is "the best" at anything, by definition, is a subjective statement that is open to interpretation with many caveats and qualifiers. I'm sure Klieman had his reasons for saying what he did, and I don't think he was blowing smoke. But I also think there are a lot of great college football players, and by many standards, Easton is not among the best of the best.
    There will be plenty of other opportunities.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Is it just me, or is WeAreThePride making him/herself look kind of dense here?
    He/She can't handle the truth.

Think Tim Tebow and Stfu already, although Easton is a way better QB than TB was.(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Carson never put up video game numbers, but he was widely considered a number one overall pick. Easton doesn't have that capability.
    Not sure Carson was yet a consensus first round pick at this point, weeks before his combine and pro day.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A bunch of fans on a message board don't have a clue about what and why Coach Klieman said what he did about Easton being the best college football player. If people are just looking at what you saw on the football field and basing his statements off of that, then I think you're greatly missing out on what makes Easton Stick the best...in coach Kliemans eyes. His character, his film study, his ability to make those around him better, the ultimate team first guy, humble, hard working, a winner and ultimate competitor, a tremendous student, and a great representative of the Bison . The 100's of hours that those two spent together created an amazing bond and of course he is going to super proud and uplifting of this amazing young man. We'll never see another Easton Stick at NDSU. Whatever does or does not happen at the next level is not going to change what we witnessed when he wore that Bison uniform.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Not sure Carson was yet a consensus first round pick at this point, weeks before his combine and pro day.
    I didn't say consensus. I said widely considered.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I didn't say consensus. I said widely considered.
    Ok, sorry that my paraphrase didn't accurately capture your comment.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    Ok, sorry that my paraphrase didn't accurately capture your comment.
    They are fairly different words. They don't really mean the same thing at all.