Page 400 of 455 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    What I don't understand is why they don't try to use Easton in a Taysom Hill type role. With his athleticism and being a 5th round pick you should be trying to get him on the field.
    It is interesting trying to figure out what value the Chargers see in him and what their plans for him are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    What I don't understand is why they don't try to use Easton in a Taysom Hill type role. With his athleticism and being a 5th round pick you should be trying to get him on the field.
    If your down to 2 QB and neither of them has ever played a game probably dont want to stick Easton in at RB or wildcat and risk an injury.. or else your punter might be playing QB in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    If your down to 2 QB and neither of them has ever played a game probably dont want to stick Easton in at RB or wildcat and risk an injury.. or else your punter might be playing QB in the second half.
    I get that but they've had ample opportunity to use him.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I guess the Chargers team doctor really likes Easton Stick.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I guess the Chargers team doctor really likes Easton Stick.
    It didn’t work though. They put Herbert in instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    It didn’t work though. They put Herbert in instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Easton is obviously not in their plans for QB. Really don't know what they are doing with him. But, good for him. If you can hang on for 4 years, your rookie contract expires, and you'll make $$$. In the NFL, it seems anyone with absolutely any experience in the league as a QB will get picked up by someone. Even if you never played a single snap. Third string QB's still get rich

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Herbert looks pretty good. Probably the start of a tough situation for our guy.
    It's a great opportunity for Easton. QB2 behind a non injury prone QB is the best job in the NFL. Easton can bank Millions and retire at the age of 35 and still have a healthy body and mind to live out the rest of his life with.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    It's a great opportunity for Easton. QB2 behind a non injury prone QB is the best job in the NFL. Easton can bank Millions and retire at the age of 35 and still have a healthy body and mind to live out the rest of his life with.
    While I agree with that sentiment if it were me (make really good money while staying safe), I don't think most professional athletes think like this. They really want to compete. Easton is likely not immune to the same thoughts.

Regarding him getting his chance, I know that we all love what he did for the Bison program but it isn't THAT surprising for a 5th rounder. It takes a special set of circumstances to make hay in that scenario and it doesn't actually happen that often.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Easton is obviously not in their plans for QB. Really don't know what they are doing with him. But, good for him. If you can hang on for 4 years, your rookie contract expires, and you'll make $$$. In the NFL, it seems anyone with absolutely any experience in the league as a QB will get picked up by someone. Even if you never played a single snap. Third string QB's still get rich
    I remember Daniel Jeremiah from the NFL Channel being on Bison 1660 sometime in June, he also does color commentary on the radio for the Chargers -- he said that after the Chargers drafted Herbert, they received calls from 5 or 6 teams wanting to trade for Easton, and the Chargers turned them down -- based on that, I think the Chargers value Easton, even if it's as a backup -- Easton will be fine.

Random thought: If Easton is going to have limited NFL starts I hope he gets them next year or thereafter. It would be pretty cool to have three former NDSU QBs all starting for NFL teams at the same time.