Page 379 of 455 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Brady or Rivers could go to Minnesota. The Vikings like to sign old QBs like Moon, Favre, Frerotte, McNabb, and McMahon. Did I leave anyone out? LOL
    Jeff George, Randall Cunningham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post

Heck, they've been doing it for decades. I remember when Archie Manning finished his career in Minnesota! (Was Les Stekle the coach that year?)

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I may be alone on this but I liked Jeff George. Ball came off his hands 100mph even when it looked like he wasnt trying to throw hard. I thought he was underrated. Too bad they only had him when he was over the hill

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Brad Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The Chargers are reportedly "moving on" from Philip Rivers leading to increased speculation that they'll be targeting a QB with the 6th pick in this next NFL draft.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...philip-rivers/

I would think this means they're going to hold on to Tyrod Taylor and his $7.5M cap hit to be a veteran insurance policy at QB. It also seems like it'll put Stick in limbo as the 3rd QB behind a Taylor and the rookie they're likely going to be pin as the future of the franchise.

Of course they could go a completely different route as I've heard they have interest in Tom Brady as a way to make a splash in LA before their inaugural season at SoFi Stadium. In any case it looks like the start of a tumultuous offseason with the Chargers that could entrench Stick as a backup capable of winning the starting job at some point or push him out with the arrival of another young QB.

In the fall of 2019 a Chargers beat writer reported that Stick was getting reps as a WR and RB. I am trying to find the url to this story and I cannot. This lines with Chargers drafting a QB in 2020.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    In the fall of 2019 a Chargers beat writer reported that Stick was getting reps as a WR and RB. I am trying to find the url to this story and I cannot. This lines with Chargers drafting a QB in 2020.
    He also took reps at safety. This was mostly due to injuries though if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    The NFL is a copycat league and everyone saw how Taysom Hill damn near beat the Vikings singlehandedly in the playoffs running, throwing, and catching the ball.... Stick has that kind of skill set (although we haven't seen him catch it much in game action) and similar size to Hill (just an inch shorter and 4 pounds lighter). Maybe that's his ticket to sticking in the NFL as a backup QB... versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Brad Johnson
    Archie Manning

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The NFL is a copycat league and everyone saw how Taysom Hill damn near beat the Vikings singlehandedly in the playoffs running, throwing, and catching the ball.... Stick has that kind of skill set (although we haven't seen him catch it much in game action) and similar size to Hill (just an inch shorter and 4 pounds lighter). Maybe that's his ticket to sticking in the NFL as a backup QB... versatility.
    It makes sense to me. If you can keep a 3rd string QB on the roster, but you can use him as a Swiss Army Knife weapon, you get a comparative advantage over other teams.

Especially since Stick has true NFL speed. Not just "Fast for a white QB" speed.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WestCentralMN View Post
    Heck, they've been doing it for decades. I remember when Archie Manning finished his career in Minnesota! (Was Les Stekle the coach that year?)
    Not sure if he was the coach that year, but he did have a daughter named "Tess," right?