Page 378 of 455 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380388428 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBison View Post
    If the NFL gig doesn't turn into an 8+ year career for Easton, I could see him as a pretty good QB coach. How much longer will we have Hedberg?
    If he spends 8 years as a backup QB in the NFL he will have significantly better opportunities in life then coming back to Fargo to be a QB coach.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    If he spends 8 years as a backup QB in the NFL he will have significantly better opportunities in life then coming back to Fargo to be a QB coach.
    Yeah, agreed, that's why I said " if it doesn't..."
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Great interview. Joey Bosa asking Easton Stick about Derrek Tuszka? That there was gold, baby, gold!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Great interview. Joey Bosa asking Easton Stick about Derrek Tuszka? That there was gold, baby, gold!
    It wouldn’t be surprising if he saw a bit of the game. The Chargers weren’t in the playoffs.

The Chargers are reportedly "moving on" from Philip Rivers leading to increased speculation that they'll be targeting a QB with the 6th pick in this next NFL draft.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...philip-rivers/

I would think this means they're going to hold on to Tyrod Taylor and his $7.5M cap hit to be a veteran insurance policy at QB. It also seems like it'll put Stick in limbo as the 3rd QB behind a Taylor and the rookie they're likely going to be pin as the future of the franchise.

Of course they could go a completely different route as I've heard they have interest in Tom Brady as a way to make a splash in LA before their inaugural season at SoFi Stadium. In any case it looks like the start of a tumultuous offseason with the Chargers that could entrench Stick as a backup capable of winning the starting job at some point or push him out with the arrival of another young QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The Chargers are reportedly "moving on" from Philip Rivers leading to increased speculation that they'll be targeting a QB with the 6th pick in this next NFL draft.

I would think this means they're going to hold on to Tyrod Taylor and his $7.5M cap hit to be a veteran insurance policy at QB. It also seems like it'll put Stick in limbo as the 3rd QB behind a Taylor and the rookie they're likely going to be pin as the future of the franchise.

Of course they could go a completely different route as I've heard they have interest in Tom Brady as a way to make a splash in LA before their inaugural season at SoFi Stadium. In any case it looks like the start of a tumultuous offseason with the Chargers that could entrench Stick as a backup capable of winning the starting job at some point or push him out with the arrival of another young QB.
    Hopefully they give Easton a legit chance to win the job and he does just that but if they aren't even going to let him compete for it they should let him move on where he will get a shot.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Best thing for Easton would probably be to get out of there. The Chargers have revised their Personal Seat License sales goal from $400 million to $150 million and have only brought in around $100 million. That's a pretty big shortfall. Spanos is an idiot who moved his team to a city that doesn't want them and a stadium he can't afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

I think they'd take Brady for 2 years if they could. Unfortunately, I think they will take Herbert if he's available.

Brady or Rivers could go to Minnesota. The Vikings like to sign old QBs like Moon, Favre, Frerotte, McNabb, and McMahon. Did I leave anyone out? LOL
    It's OK to not be OK.