Page 299 of 455 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Height and lacking an elite arm are the main knocks it seems. If you have a rocket arm and prototype size, like Tyree Jackisn, then they tend to overlook a lot of your flaws, such as accuracy issues.
    Was going to say the same thing. Arm strength is extremely important. They want to know you can hit certain small windows for downfield and outside patterns. I think I saw a comment that Easton does well with the arm strength he has...only kind of a compliment because it is saying his upside is limited strength-wise. I thought he showed qite a bit of improved arm strength his senior year...quite a few tight window nfl throws.

After all this, I am predicting 6th round (hmmm...just like another well known nfl qb!).

Default The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Ledyard is associated with the Draft Network LLC. They were the main organization that was bashing Stick at the Shrine practices. Seems like they made up their minds about him from those practices. I haven't seen them refer to any of Easton's tape. Compare that to a guy like Chris Kouffman who has fallen madly, deeply in love with Easton's tape. I think Easton falls somewhere in between.
    Kouffman just did a pretty good job of compiling most (missing two games) of Easton's Senior year plays:

Last edited by Christopher Moen; 03-07-2019 at 05:31 AM.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Was going to say the same thing. Arm strength is extremely important. They want to know you can hit certain small windows for downfield and outside patterns. I think I saw a comment that Easton does well with the arm strength he has...only kind of a compliment because it is saying his upside is limited strength-wise. I thought he showed qite a bit of improved arm strength his senior year...quite a few tight window nfl throws.

After all this, I am predicting 6th round (hmmm...just like another well known nfl qb!).
    I think Stick has an arm good enough for the NFL. He threw some lasers this year. Maybe I'm fooling myself but if the scouts see something missing in Stick I don't think it's arm strength. I'd guess being a couple inches short of prototypical size, plus coming from a lower division, plus inconsistencies on tape all combine to limit his projections. Really hope his combine numbers and performance in team meetings earn him a draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I think Stick has an arm good enough for the NFL. He threw some lasers this year. Maybe I'm fooling myself but if the scouts see something missing in Stick I don't think it's arm strength. I'd guess being a couple inches short of prototypical size, plus coming from a lower division, plus inconsistencies on tape all combine to limit his projections. Really hope his combine numbers and performance in team meetings earn him a draft pick.
    From what I’ve seen live at Mile High over the past twelve seasons, neither his arm or height is going to be an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    From what I’ve seen live at Mile High over the past twelve seasons, neither his arm or height is going to be an issue.

You still getting triggered by memories of Paxton Lynch? You guys luckily got off the hook from Brock Lobster.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You still getting triggered by memories of Paxton Lynch? You guys luckily got off the hook from Brock Lobster.
    But he could see over the line.

Kouffman just did a pretty good job of compiling most (missing two games) of Easton's Senior year plays:

At 1:43:30, Easton's bomb to Shepherd traveled 60 yards through the air. Pretty good distance considering he was tackled pretty damn violently as he released it.

More than that. After 100+ live games, I’ve seen plenty of QBs that don’t have big arms or are extremely tall. Heck, Keenum lacks both compared to Easton. Arm strength also wasn’t in Peyton Manning’s favor along with throwing a consistent spiral.

There’s also a lot more to being a good QB than arm strength and height. Osweiler and Lynch had plenty of both, but lacked so much in other departments, like football intelligence and moxie.

I think the Broncos QB that matches Easton the best since I’ve been alive is Jake Plummer.

Hail the BISON!!!

More than that. After 100+ live games, I’ve seen plenty of QBs that don’t have big arms or are extremely tall. Heck, Keenum lacks both compared to Easton. Arm strength also wasn’t in Peyton Manning’s favor along with throwing a consistent spiral.

There’s also a lot more to being a good QB than arm strength and height. Osweiler and Lynch had plenty of both, but lacked so much in other departments, like football intelligence and moxie.

I think the Broncos QB that matches Easton the best since I’ve been alive is Jake Plummer.
    Easton Stick reminds me of Steve Young.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    At 1:43:30, Easton's bomb to Shepherd traveled 60 yards through the air. Pretty good distance considering he was tackled pretty damn violently as he released it.
    28:12 also... throw against SDSU in the regular season that drew a PI. That was nearly 60 yards in the air and it didn't look like he overly exerted himself during his windup either (so he could've thrown it even further if he would've wanted).