Page 269 of 455 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    17 MPH is 4.81 seconds in a 40 yard dash. How many OL in the NFL do you think can actually do that? According to the NFL combine records (http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-perfo...SH&position=OL), since 2006, only three OL have matched or better a 4.81 40 yard dash time. And, of course, that was without pads.

For more comparison, Carson Wentz's time was 4.77. The fast combine time ever, 4.22, only comes out to about 19.4 MPH.

In regards to comparing to regular people, go reread my original post that you responded to.

For a football expert, your brain is SLOW.
    Not taking sides in any way, but 4.81 seconds in the 40 yard dash is an AVERAGE of 17 miles per hour.

In 2008, Usain Bolt ran the 100 meters in 9.69 seconds. During the 1st 10 meters of that race, he covered that distance in 1.85 seconds which calculates out to 12.09 miles per hour.

At the 20 meter mark, he was running at 21.93 mph as it took him 1.02 seconds to cover the second segment of 10 meters. He didn't get up to full speed until he was beyond 30 meters.

By the time he reached the finish line he was cruising at just under 27 miles per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    So what you are saying is that only 3 lineman in the NFL are faster than Brady/Manning?
    Since 2006, only three OL beat Peyton's 17 MPH burst of speed that equals to a 4.81 40 yard dash time. BTW, Peyton Manning's official 40 yard time in 1998 was 4.8 (https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-g...ime-105227137/), so his speed is relative in argument to Underoos' statement that OL can run that fast.

In regards to Brady, not sure where he got his burst of speed as his running technique hampers his speed quite a bit.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Not taking sides in any way, but 4.81 seconds in the 40 yard dash is an AVERAGE of 17 miles per hour.

In 2008, Usain Bolt ran the 100 meters in 9.69 seconds. During the 1st 10 meters of that race, he covered that distance in 1.85 seconds which calculates out to 12.09 miles per hour.

At the 20 meter mark, he was running at 21.93 mph as it took him 1.02 seconds to cover the second segment of 10 meters. He didn't get up to full speed until he was beyond 30 meters.

By the time he reached the finish line he was cruising at just under 27 miles per hour.
    As I stated in previous response, Peyton's official 40 yard dash at the combine in 1998 was 4.8, which shows he can sustain an average 17 MPH speed for more than just a short burst on the field like he did in the 2015 AFC Championship Game.

I've stated this previously in some other thread a long time ago, but being there live and watching both Brady and Manning's runs for a first down, they looked slow and I was shocked to find out later that both hit top end speeds of 17 MPH. That's why I had posted QBs are fast, but the game is so much faster. Both of their runs did not look impressive from Section 534 due to how fast everyone else is moving.
    Hail the BISON!!!

As I stated in previous response, Peyton's official 40 yard dash at the combine in 1998 was 4.8, which shows he can sustain an average 17 MPH speed for more than just a short burst on the field like he did in the 2015 AFC Championship Game.

I've stated this previously in some other thread a long time ago, but being there live and watching both Brady and Manning's runs for a first down, they looked slow and I was shocked to find out later that both hit top end speeds of 17 MPH. That's why I had posted QBs are fast, but the game is so much faster. Both of their runs did not look impressive from Section 534 due to how fast everyone else is moving.
    So...…….ok...……..I'm just saying that their "top end speed" (based on their 40 time) is more than 17 since they start at ZERO mph and finished the distance at an average of 17.

Thought I would tune in for my once every couple week review. YEP, same shit, same guys chasing people off this site. I have to change my prediction; This site is walking dead with about a 12 month (vs. 18-24) life span left. Nobody is allowed an opinion, same couple guys that arrest every thread with their crap. LOVING IT. Bye for NOW!!!!

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

17 MPH is 4.81 seconds in a 40 yard dash. How many OL in the NFL do you think can actually do that? According to the NFL combine records (http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-perfo...SH&position=OL), since 2006, only three OL have matched or better a 4.81 40 yard dash time. And, of course, that was without pads.

For more comparison, Carson Wentz's time was 4.77. The fast combine time ever, 4.22, only comes out to about 19.4 MPH.

In regards to comparing to regular people, go reread my original post that you responded to.

For a football expert, your brain is SLOW.
    You’re dumb, you don’t start at 17mph instantly when running a 40.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Some of you people have WAY too much time to be A.) taking the time to argue about such things at all or B.) to get into the detailed research it takes to really make your point. Can't we all just agree that anyone from UND is an asshole and then just move on?!?
    Insert something clever here...

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Some of you people have WAY too much time to be A.) taking the time to argue about such things at all or B.) to get into the detailed research it takes to really make your point. Can't we all just agree that anyone from UND is an asshole and then just move on?!?
    I second this motion [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The original Da Bison.
    Not to be confused with imposters

You guys are absolutely right.....I'm going to go to the strip joint.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    You’re dumb, you don’t start at 17mph instantly when running a 40.
    You claimed a majority of OL can reach that speed because, to you, 17 MPH is SLOW. 40 yard dashes and NextGen Stats are all I have to go on, and none of them support your claim that show many have done so.

In regards to running "17mph instantly when running a 40," where did I claim that? I just showed that 17 MPH is not considered slow and used the most common measure of speed in football to correlate the speed of players we find fast. Heck, most common treadmills you find at a gym don't go that fast.

Again, your brain is slow.
    Hail the BISON!!!