Page 309 of 455 FirstFirst ... 209259299307308309310311319359409 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Gil Brandt has Easton as #148 on his list of the top 150 draft prospects.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Didnt know Easton was a baseball player...
    Talked to his folks one time and they said he was a better baseball player but wanted to play D1 Football. I guess he did "ok" at football.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    https://www.patriots.com/video/2019-...h-dakota-state

Looks like it might be using internal NDSU footage. Or maybe from a Patriot scout. I dislike the Patriots but old man Brady will soon be gone, pick him up in the 4th round.
    Confident Belichick is drooling to add the taysom hill offense component with a value backup

Patriots have #32 and 2 second round one in third.

If Stick makes it to third round he is a value add (cap) for anyone.

Depending how many qbs go before that 2nd 2nd rd pick for pats I would not rule it out. They may trade to be higher in third, catch him there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Confident Belichick is drooling to add the taysom hill offense component with a value backup

Patriots have #32 and 2 second round one in third.

If Stick makes it to third round he is a value add (cap) for anyone.

Depending how many qbs go before that 2nd 2nd rd pick for pats I would not rule it out. They may trade to be higher in third, catch him there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looking at it realistically I think 3rd round is a reach for him. If he drops to the 6th or so then I could see it being called a value.

That being said teams reach for QBs in the draft (and in more than just the first two rounds) all the time.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just want Easton to have a fair shot wherever he ends up. Of course Wentz going 2 overall was great for the NDSU brand, but it's much more important that Stick goes somewhere he can be successful. If that means a 3rd round, 5th round, 7th round, or UDFA, doesn't matter too much.

Go Bison!

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This would be an amazing fit for the Eagles, and might be one of the best ways for Easton to stick in the NFL right away. But I'm personally hoping he goes to a different team where he'll have a much better chance of taking over at some point.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    This would be an amazing fit for the Eagles, and might be one of the best ways for Easton to stick in the NFL right away. But I'm personally hoping he goes to a different team where he'll have a much better chance of taking over at some point.
    It sure would be a great fit for the Eagles but I want Stick somewhere that he can work into a starting position relatively soon. Perhaps it will be the same everywhere he goes: get drafted and be #2 behind a great QB like Brady, Brees, or Wentz, then get picked up by another team after 3 years or so to be the starter, similar to Jimmy G.
    Insert something clever here...

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    It sure would be a great fit for the Eagles but I want Stick somewhere that he can work into a starting position relatively soon. Perhaps it will be the same everywhere he goes: get drafted and be #2 behind a great QB like Brady, Brees, or Wentz, then get picked up by another team after 3 years or so to be the starter, similar to Jimmy G.
    Without a Tony Romo like injury, he probably doesn't get a starting position soon (like you mentioned). No one is going to draft him with the thought, "we hope someday he becomes our starting QB."

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Without a Tony Romo like injury, he probably doesn't get a starting position soon (like you mentioned). No one is going to draft him with the thought, "we hope someday he becomes our starting QB."
    That's absolutely right. The most important thing is to get him into the League. Once he's there, he'll get what he earns. If he develops into a starter quality player, he WILL get to a team that will start him.