Page 306 of 455 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

It only takes one team to fall in love with you. I have no idea where Easton will fall come draft day, but the major draft ranking sites can be off on this. I personally find it hard to not rank Stick in the top 10 of QB’s for this class. He’s not top 5, but i can’t think of ten QB’s i’d put before him. Honestly, i know Wentz was on the radar early in his senior year, but the big sites like ESPN and NFL.com didn’t really give Wentz a decent ranking until the media buzz started. Stick hasn’t generated a lot of mainstream buzz (thanks Kyler Murray), so some of the analysts for these sites assume that means teams don’t value players as much and start knocking them down. Just my opinion based on what i’ve seen from these sites. I think the NFL.con ranking is very conservative. Stick should be competing for a roster spot right away (2nd or 3rd string QB) and is more than just a camp guy. I give him a better than 50/50 chance to make a roster on his athleticism alone. I have only found about two draft write-ups on Stick that I felt were mostly accurate. Every other one that i’ve read has greatly overexaggerated his flaws or strengths based on a few games or plays. I think the more accurate reviews put stick between the 4th and 6th rounds, which seems pretty fair.

Arm strength seems to be one common reason that drops Easton down. We've seen him make great throws, and seen him make hard outside throws, but if his natural velocity is too low, I think it really hurts him, because teams won't think he'll consistently make the throws needed. Easton is more athletic that Brock, but I believe his arm strength is similar. Brock got a camp look. I think Easton's combine numbers will get him drafted - sticking with my 6th round prediction.

With his great agility testing and solid speed at the combine, anyone know if a team talked about him working as a slot receiver or maybe even a corner?

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Arm strength seems to be one common reason that drops Easton down. We've seen him make great throws, and seen him make hard outside throws, but if his natural velocity is too low, I think it really hurts him, because teams won't think he'll consistently make the throws needed. Easton is more athletic that Brock, but I believe his arm strength is similar. Brock got a camp look. I think Easton's combine numbers will get him drafted - sticking with my 6th round prediction.
    I'm no expert but I think Stick has a bigger arm than Brock. Surprising me that is one of his biggest knocks. Would have thought it would be consistency with both reads and ball placement.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'm no expert but I think Stick has a bigger arm than Brock. Surprising me that is one of his biggest knocks. Would have thought it would be consistency with both reads and ball placement.
    He doesn’t have a Wentz arm, but his arm is adequate for the NFL. He just has to play smarter and within his limitations.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    I heard on Ross Uglems podcast a while ago that teams don't draft QBs after 4th round and look for RBs or special team players. If Easton gets drafted it should be within 3rd round. Beyond that doubtful.

Note from admin: Posts from this account is still going through a manual approval process.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

QB’s selected after round 3 by year.

2018- 6
    2017- 4
    2016-9

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    I heard on Ross Uglems podcast a while ago that teams don't draft QBs after 4th round and look for RBs or special team players. If Easton gets drafted it should be within 3rd round. Beyond that doubtful.

Note from admin: Posts from this account is still going through a manual approval process.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post

I feel like they get sprinkled thru the whole draft. If you look at the last 10 years there are typically just as many drafted round 4 and later as there are in the first 3 rounds. Plus it varies quite a bit year to year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Story from Sam Herder of Hero Sports about FCS draft prospects has Easton going in the 4th round of the NFL draft.

https://herosports.com/nfl/draft-fcs...cts-april-bzbz