Page 372 of 455 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382422 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    Not really...DJ McNorton played LB at NDSU. He's helping the team as needed. Shows a lot of character, which isn't surprising.
    This isn't college bud...DJ wasn't getting paid a million bucks a year.
    Give me one single example of a 5th round QB being put at safety to hit guys in practice. People on this board need to get off their homer ass kissing glasses and step into reality. Chargers could have easily signed a guy to their practice squad if they were thin...instead, they put their QB there. Again, doesn't look good

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Give me one single example of a 5th round QB being put at safety to hit guys in practice. People on this board need to get off their homer ass kissing glasses and step into reality. Chargers could have easily signed a guy to their practice squad if they were thin...instead, they put their QB there. Again, doesn't look good
    In order to sign a guy, you have to release a guy. If they didn’t want to release any of their guys, then this was the creative solution to that. Stick has enough athleticism to be used as a gadget player. It would not be out of the question for the Chargers to draft a QB higher next year, but playing safety for the scout team on a team decimated by injuries doesn’t mean that the Chargers see no future for Stick. This is one tweet. We have no idea what is happening behind the scenes.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    In order to sign a guy, you have to release a guy. If they didn’t want to release any of their guys, then this was the creative solution to that. Stick has enough athleticism to be used as a gadget player. It would not be out of the question for the Chargers to draft a QB higher next year, but playing safety for the scout team on a team decimated by injuries doesn’t mean that the Chargers see no future for Stick. This is one tweet. We have no idea what is happening behind the scenes.
    I agree, it's just a tweet. Could not even be true. But, if it's true, the fact that people on this board act like this is normal need to get into reality. You would never put a drafted QB at safety due to "being thin" even on the practice team. Thats absurd if true and doesn't bode well. You would release a guy on the practice squad and sign another before you would do something like this if you really needed another body.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I agree, it's just a tweet. Could not even be true. But, if it's true, the fact that people on this board act like this is normal need to get into reality. You would never put a drafted QB at safety due to "being thin" even on the practice team. Thats absurd if true and doesn't bode well. You would release a guy on the practice squad and sign another before you would do something like this if you really needed another body.
    So why would you do it then?

How do you know this doesn't happen on other teams? If not for it being Easton, I'm sure nobody here would have ever mentioned it, let alone thought twice about it here, bud.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    How do you know this doesn't happen on other teams? If not for it being Easton, I'm sure nobody here would have ever mentioned it, let alone thought twice about it here, bud.
    Insightful, penetrating, and reasoned analysis.

BTW, I hope you are giving as large a disappointment to the big C as our fellows dealt to the Jacks yesterday. You just win the dang day Aces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

They arent hitting people in practice. Its called a practice squad for a reason. Plus there arent that many of them. So its kind of a plug in play situation on where they need a body in practice.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/s...67213606850562

A #Chargers source I spoke to so far was not definitively sure whether a team rep would attend Colin Kaepernick's workout Saturday, at that moment. They said, "we may have a scout there," but added they're "good with that position. 2 years ago, different story."
    Hopefully it means that chargers are happy with Easton.

I am sure it's a long shot but how cool would it be to have 2 starting QB's in the NFL!!!??

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/s...67213606850562

Hopefully it means that chargers are happy with Easton.
    I might just mean that they have a backup locked up already (Tyrod)