Page 264 of 455 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    If you had a lottery ticket, would you cash it right away and quit your job, or wait around a few weeks and help out your current employees by finishing out your job?

Sorry but I would never question someone’s decision when you have life altering money on the line.
    Dont they take out insurance?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you had a lottery ticket, would you cash it right away and quit your job, or wait around a few weeks and help out your current employees by finishing out your job?

Sorry but I would never question someone’s decision when you have life altering money on the line.
    Well, that's a difference between us, I guess. I'm staying at least two weeks to give my employer time to find a replacement, so that i don't screw over my co-workers. Also, it isn't quite the same, because with the winning lottery ticket, you already know that you've won. With the draft, you aren't guaranteed anything during bowl season. It's more like quitting a job on the spot after buying a lottery ticket with really good odds.

I don't think the guys who leave early for a better opportunity are the worst people in the world, but the choice to leave is the lesser option when it comes to showing good character in that situation. Good character is sticking by your commitments.

My take on those who leave early for the NFL is that those who can, already won in the genetic lottery, and are fairly certain that they are going to be drafted. For the schools losing these types of individuals, it would be pointless to treat the situation in any negative way as it would hurt them from being able to recruit these individuals in the future.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I think a better analogy would be, would you walk around with a million-dollar cashier's check in your pocket for two weeks before cashing it?

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    My take on those who leave early for the NFL is that those who can, already won in the genetic lottery, and are fairly certain that they are going to be drafted. For the schools losing these types of individuals, it would be pointless to treat the situation in any negative way as it would hurt them from being able to recruit these individuals in the future.
    I played the genetic lottery once. I lost...

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I played the genetic lottery once. I lost...
    Most of us can only dream to have hit jackpot in the genetic lottery.
    Hail the BISON!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well since I can grow a majestic beard I would say that maybe I hit the genetic lottery???
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Well since I can grow a majestic beard I would say that maybe I hit the genetic lottery???
    Only if it makes you super rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Only if it makes you super rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So no then? Well that sucks!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Most of us can only dream to have hit jackpot in the genetic lottery.
    5' 8", Fred Flintstone feet, ear hair....I'm so close...