Page 310 of 455 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    That's absolutely right. The most important thing is to get him into the League. Once he's there, he'll get what he earns. If he develops into a starter quality player, he WILL get to a team that will start him.
    Yep, Jimmy Garoppolo got drafted onto a team with the most entrenched starting QB in NFL history, started 4 games (or maybe it was just 3) in 3.5 years, and got traded to a team who made him one of the highest paid players in the league. QBs will get every chance in the world to prove themselves because NFL teams are always frantically searching for their next franchise QB.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just keep coming back to the Patriots being the best landing spot for him. I think he needs a few years to work on anticipation. I also could see Belichick using him in a Taysom Hill-like role where he would thrive.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...l-draft#slide1

"Secret Small-Program Steve Young"

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If Easton goes to the Eagles, he'll certainly go to a friendly-ish environment but he'll continue to be perceived as somewhat of a sidekick to Wentz. I hate when Wentz calls him a "kid". It exudes a big/little brother perception that I'd have to believe is not in Easton's best interest in the long run.

Perhaps I am wrong...
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    If Easton goes to the Eagles, he'll certainly go to a friendly-ish environment but he'll continue to be perceived as somewhat of a sidekick to Wentz. I hate when Wentz calls him a "kid". It exudes a big/little brother perception that I'd have to believe is not in Easton's best interest in the long run.

Perhaps I am wrong...
    I agree, Philly is the absolute last place I want him to go.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Looking at it realistically I think 3rd round is a reach for him. If he drops to the 6th or so then I could see it being called a value.

That being said teams reach for QBs in the draft (and in more than just the first two rounds) all the time.
    The qb reach is why I would suggest him being a value there. Soon as the run starts they come off pretty quickly.

At least in my fantasy league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I just want Easton to have a fair shot wherever he ends up. Of course Wentz going 2 overall was great for the NDSU brand, but it's much more important that Stick goes somewhere he can be successful. If that means a 3rd round, 5th round, 7th round, or UDFA, doesn't matter too much.

Go Bison!
    Agree. Just getting drafted would be good for him, and he’ll show and make a team if it happens IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sports Illustrated’s QB position rankings.

https://amp.si.com/nfl/2019/04/17/dr...mpression=true
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I personally don't think Kyler Murray is going to make it in the NFL and think he's really stupid for turning down the offer from the A's. But my question is how much of a difference is there between Murray and Easton?

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I personally don't think Kyler Murray is going to make it in the NFL and think he's really stupid for turning down the offer from the A's. But my question is how much of a difference is there between Murray and Easton?
    He'll make 32+ million guaranteed if drafted #1 <------- not that stupid.