Page 315 of 455 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I think cocaine and strippers happened.

That about sums up my 1999 as well. And, much like Ryan Leaf, no-one talks about my NFL career either.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    You're right, I was going off the 185 that was posted here. He was 3 pounds heavier than Wilson.
    He realistically just looks like 185-190 at 5'9. I'm allegedly the same height as him but my arms are 2 inches longer, so at the very least even if he is 5'10 his frame is small.

Kyler is NFL's attempt to capture Baker Mayfield again. His elusiveness is elite for a college QB, throws with more anticipation than Easton. Arm is slightly better if that. The air raid concepts accumulate big stats but it does not mean he can even run the chief's offense. Neither do NFL receivers run option routes that often. His offense was based on turning zone into man looks, let's see if that's possible in the NFL.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This thread appears to have been hijacked by Kyler Murray, but not withstanding ....
    Eagles move up to get future left tackle Andre Dillard
    - Does not bode well for ES going to the Eagles. The Eagles traded up three spots to select Washington State left tackle Andre Dillard with the 22nd pick in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night. Philadelphia sent Baltimore the 25th pick, a fourth-rounder (No. 127) and a sixth (No. 197) to move up. <-- spots that one would expect ES to be picked?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    This thread appears to have been hijacked by Kyler Murray, but not withstanding ....
    Eagles move up to get future left tackle Andre Dillard
    - Does not bode well for ES going to the Eagles. The Eagles traded up three spots to select Washington State left tackle Andre Dillard with the 22nd pick in the first round of the NFL draft Thursday night. Philadelphia sent Baltimore the 25th pick, a fourth-rounder (No. 127) and a sixth (No. 197) to move up. <-- spots that one would expect ES to be picked?
    Not that I care for Easton to go to Philly at all but all the Eagles have to do is have a team trade up to their pick and can acquire late round pick/picks.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dolphins traded for Josh Rosen. Which teams are left for Easton?

Teams that makes sense-

Chargers
    Patriots
    Packers
    Saints

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Teams that makes sense-

Chargers
    Patriots
    Packers
    Saints
    I’d add the Vikings to that list.
    They signed a journeyman/low cost guy as the 3rd QB. They should bring in a draft pick to compete with him for a roster spot. At the least Minnesota will want a QB for the practice squad. They have 9(?) draft picks today after yesterday’s 4(?) trades.
    If Philadelphia really wants Stick, all they have to do is call Minnesota, or New England, or someone, send a 2020 6th round pick and get a 7th round pick today. Or send a 2020 5th for a 2019 6th if that is what it takes.

The optimist in me thinks Easton Stick will be on someone’s practice squad next year. And if he does well in preseason a team might not want him going on the waiver wire where another team can claim him. That’s how Minnesota stole Kyle Sloter from Denver.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He would have some fantastic veterans to learn from on each of those teams. Honestly, i think Easton has enough physical traits, football IQ, and polish (pretty decent footwork and mechanics overall) to be drafted by someone. However, even though the QB class isn’t the greatest this year, this is regarded as a rather deep draft at other positions, especially on the defense side of things. I think the depth of talent at other positions is killing the QB draft market this year. With the exception of Kyler Murray and Daniel Jones, every other QB has dropped further than expected.

I just saw that NFL.com has higher draft grades on Taryn Christian and Jake Dolegala (Central Connecticut State QB-I had to look it up) than Easton Stick. What a bunch of clowns.

Gil Brandt's nfl.com ranking of remaining players has Stick higher than those two. But lots of QBs above still untaken.