Page 301 of 455 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,010 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

For a place that's considered top 10 in the country I would easily expect to pay twice that. Maybe that's just me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Any steak at St. Elmo's is a good choice. It's one of the top 10 independent steak houses in the country and very popular especially when there are special events in town.

In 2006 I was the team host for George Mason when they were here for the Final Four. They stayed at the same Crowne Plaza which is located in the old train station. Some of the rooms are converted train cars! The GM of the hotel at the time was from South Dakota. I made reservations for the team at St. Elmo's one evening. They ended up seated next to Billy Packer who was very critical of their selection on the selection show. They got to confront him in person and by all accounts it was a very cordial and professional conversation. Be ready to drop $60-$70 minimum per person for dinner. The shrimp cocktail is legendary and heavy on the horseradish.

After they lost the semi-final game to Florida I was in the lobby talking with one of the players (they could now roam around freely as nobody wanted to talk with them any longer). Another gentleman was waiting patiently to speak with me. When I finally introduced myself he said, "I'm Gene Taylor, AD of North Dakota State." I had met friends of his earlier in the weekend and mentioned I was an NDSU grad. They pointed me out to him. We had a great conversation and have run into each other a few times since then. He really is a nice and genuine person and I am happy to see him continue to succeed.
    Gene is a tremendous guy. I always enjoyed interacting with him. Very authentic person. Larson seems to be doing a good job on many fronts, but it's pretty hard to live up to Gene in this particular area.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

St Elmos has dropped in quality the last few years unfortunately, but its still pretty damn good.
    The shrimp cocktail is kind of a inside joke if you have never been there. Very strong horseradish. Like VERY strong.

Adam Caplan eludes to Stick having a high wonderlic.
    Possible round 3 pick.

https://twitter.com/Stadium/status/1103445154235539456

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    For a place that's considered top 10 in the country I would easily expect to pay twice that. Maybe that's just me.

If you add drinks absolutely. But just meat and potatoes that's where you'll be.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If you add drinks absolutely. But just meat and potatoes that's where you'll be.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    For sure. Drinks add up quickly and the few times a am out and don't have a couple I have to do a double take when my bill comes. So much cheaper to not have a glass or two but what's the fun in that?

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

I like this assessment of Stick. After reading some of his QB assessments, i feel like this guys actually watched some tape rather than spout out the same hot takes as everyone else.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/ev...ankings?page=2

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I like this assessment of Stick. After reading some of his QB assessments, i feel like this guys actually watched some tape rather than spout out the same hot takes as everyone else.

Very good assessment.

That's a fair assessment.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post

It'll come down to whether he can land on a team that knows how to use (and grow) his talents.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Actually it almost seems like not only has this guy watched the tape but he has also reviewed this thread in exhaustive detail!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.