Page 77 of 455 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    We were talking about Pike the other night. What a surprise he turned out to be. Made some big plays.
    Was he the player who sent the helmet in and got it on tv?
    Not sure, but yes he was a surprise. Solid player and he knew what an interception is

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Not sure, but yes he was a surprise. Solid player and he knew what an interception is
    He does have a thread on here. Sent an e mail and helmet to Scott VanPelt
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So....Easton Stick.

Pissed me off every time he handed it off to Bruuuuce for a two yard gain. He is...without question...underachieving. Where is this super runningback that Klieman says is the most talented guy we have? He's getting his shot and isn't doing much. If I were an OC maybe I would be a little hessitant to give the ball to Bruuuce right now.

Don't have anything against Bruuuuce I'm just trying to point out that Stick isnt the only one who underachieved on Saturday. God we miss Lance Dunn right now.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Almost everything was misfiring on Saturday, no need to analyze it because it was ugly and SDSU is a good enough team to punish you if you play poorly. But to put so much on No. 12 is unfair. He played bad, he also didn't have a running back who was having an MVP year to help him out. He also had drives stalled by crappy, inconsistent reffing. Kid has only lost 3 games in three years, took us deep in the playoffs his redshirt freshman and sophomore seasons, and has shown every indication that he can do the same thing this season. Game sucked, move on. Go Bison!

They were averaging 4 yards per carry. There was no reason to be in all those third and longs or to try to throw that many deep balls.

Stick does need to get better. I think the defenses are starting to try to stop the Bison's running game and make Easton Stick beat you since he is very inaccurate. Our tickets are in the end zone and one thing I noticed is that he can't read defenses well. It seems like he is always late when he throws the ball. Stick has been bad for the last month so I hate to hear the excuse that it's only one game. If Stick keeps this up, the Bison will not go to Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    They were averaging 4 yards per carry. There was no reason to be in all those third and longs or to try to throw that many deep balls.
    Right, if we’re averaging 4 yards a carry why isn’t it always 3rd and 2?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan13 View Post
    Stick does need to get better. I think the defenses are starting to try to stop the Bison's running game and make Easton Stick beat you since he is very inaccurate. Our tickets are in the end zone and one thing I noticed is that he can't read defenses well. It seems like he is always late when he throws the ball. Stick has been bad for the last month so I hate to hear the excuse that it's only one game. If Stick keeps this up, the Bison will not go to Frisco.
    I saw several throws that were right on the money, but the pass was obviously interfered on and the ref didn't call it. I think maybe that shook his confidence a little?
    Last edited by djohnk; 11-07-2017 at 01:15 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by djohnk View Post
    I saw several throws that were right on the money, but the pass was obviously interfered on and the ref didn't call it. I think maybe that shook his confidence a little?
    If that is the case, the team is in deep poop.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Easton was definitely a little off vs SDSU. Not sure why but everyone has a bad day once in a while. It is ridiculous to think that everyone is going to be perfect all the time.
    Much of the lack of success was due to refs not calling interference IMO. You can't catch a football when your being hit and tackled before the ball even arrives. That is not Sticks
    fault. Or the coaches. Or anyone else on the team. I honestly put a lot of this game on the refs. That's not just being a homer. It is true. Watch many of those attempts in slow
    motion and it is obvious that things were not being called correctly. With that said, you still need to be able to
    move the ball on the ground if you want to be a great team. NDSU struggled with that, and if there is anything that the team needs to work on I'd say it is Defense and the run game.
    Easton is a really great QB. I really do think most of this criticism is completely unfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan13 View Post
    I don't think it's an issue with reads. He is thinking too much and/or hesitating to pull the trigger. He usually finds an open guy, but will look for an extra second before ripping it. Saw that a bunch during the UNI game...and if I can pick that up after tailgating, there are going to be turnovers.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.