Page 311 of 455 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361411 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I personally don't think Kyler Murray is going to make it in the NFL and think he's really stupid for turning down the offer from the A's. But my question is how much of a difference is there between Murray and Easton?
    Even if Murray bombs out in NFL he's still going to sign for like $34-35m fully guaranteed. In all likelihood his 5th year option will be picked up too, that will be another $30m or so. I can't see how that is "really stupid."

edit: I'm slow

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I personally don't think Kyler Murray is going to make it in the NFL and think he's really stupid for turning down the offer from the A's. But my question is how much of a difference is there between Murray and Easton?
    The consensus I've heard is that Murray has elite accuracy whereas Stick has accuracy concerns at the NFL level. I think athletically they're much closer than most people (outside of us NDSU fans) would think.

As far as baseball vs basketball for him I used to be in your line of thought since baseball players make more money than NFL players and have longer careers. But now that he's trending towards a top 10 pick NFL is probably the smarter choice since it's money right away (whereas in baseball you have to earn your way to the money) and he can always go the Tebow route if it doesn't work out in the NFL since you can play baseball well into your 30s whereas that's very rare, even for QBs, in the NFL.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The consensus I've heard is that Murray has elite accuracy whereas Stick has accuracy concerns at the NFL level. I think athletically they're much closer than most people (outside of us NDSU fans) would think.

As far as baseball vs basketball for him I used to be in your line of thought since baseball players make more money than NFL players and have longer careers. But now that he's trending towards a top 10 pick NFL is probably the smarter choice since it's money right away (whereas in baseball you have to earn your way to the money) and he can always go the Tebow route if it doesn't work out in the NFL since you can play baseball well into your 30s whereas that's very rare, even for QBs, in the NFL.
    Pretty much all of this. I'm not going to comment on the athleticism piece because I don't know Murray's athleticism, although I do know I'd feel much more comfortable with Stick running the ball. With the info he's been given, going with football is absolutely the right choice.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

Easton is in the top half of wonderlic scores. Not an insane score, but definitely near the top. I am not surprised to see who is at the bottom...

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaraMustS...85268136574976

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Easton is in the top half of wonderlic scores. Not an insane score, but definitely near the top. I am not surprised to see who is at the bottom...

https://mobile.twitter.com/MaraMustS...85268136574976
    I'm surprised that with so much riding on QB drafting, a more specialized test hasn't been developed for QBs. Something that focuses on the speed of pattern recognition and other mental tasks unique to their position. Maybe they get all they need through watching tape and workouts I guess and a test like that just like the wonderlic is just another hoop to jump through.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'm surprised that with so much riding on QB drafting, a more specialized test hasn't been developed for QBs. Something that focuses on the speed of pattern recognition and other mental tasks unique to their position. Maybe they get all they need through watching tape and workouts I guess and a test like that just like the wonderlic is just another hoop to jump through.
    Would be interesting to see if a more specialized test turned into a better predictor of success...

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Would be interesting to see if a more specialized test turned into a better predictor of success...
    Don't they have a life-size simulator for QBs to practice reading defenses?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wonderlic scores:

Fitzpatrick 48
    Wentz 40
    Brady 33
    Stick 32
    Elway 29
    Foles 29
    Brees 28
    P. Manning 28
    Favre 22
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Mahomes 24
    From what I've read 20 is average.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Mahomes 24
    From what I've read 20 is average.
    Yeah, none of the QB’s had bad scores. However, the average QB score is a bit higher than that. The average QB score os 24. Interestingly enough, the average Offensive Tackle score is 26.