Page 402 of 455 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412452 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Agree, 40 grand a year, now , is a nice supplementary income. How much 40 k buys if and when Stick is eligible for the pension (2045) we don't and won't know. Of course, the pension payout will increase over the years and will depend upon how many credited seasons ES will have accumulated. We all hope ES, CW, Haeg, Turner, and all the rest of former Bison have long and successful careers and invest their income wisely.
    They should start this yesterday. Kevin? A little help!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    They should start this yesterday. Kevin? A little help!
    I'm sure Ryan Smith already has that angle covered.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Are you suggesting that Kevin is Ryan Smith in real life?

One can only hope so. The alternative is to go the Bernie Kosar, Warren Sapp, Vince Young, Michael Vick, Clinton Portis, et al route. All signed multi-million dollar contracts and now find themselves in multi-million dollar debt. A Sports Illustrated article reported that 78% of NFL players who are retired after only 2 years file for bankruptcy. 60% of NBA players after being retired for 5 years do the same. Reasons varied; shady investment counselors, business deals that went south, divorce settlements, and having the best friends money can buy all were significant factors in losing fortunes.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I believe the key to not going broke is: drumroll please Don’t be a dumb ass...
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I believe the key to not going broke is: drumroll please Don’t be a dumb ass...
    or get really sick.

Listen bro, Ryan's a great guy but in this scenario we should both stick to what we're good at. He's good at catching footballs. I'm good at buying OTM tech calls.

Call me Easton.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

or get really sick.
    So much truth here.

or get really sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    So much truth here.
    Or if you're Brock Jensen, it doesn't matter.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    One can only hope so. The alternative is to go the Bernie Kosar, Warren Sapp, Vince Young, Michael Vick, Clinton Portis, et al route. All signed multi-million dollar contracts and now find themselves in multi-million dollar debt. A Sports Illustrated article reported that 78% of NFL players who are retired after only 2 years file for bankruptcy. 60% of NBA players after being retired for 5 years do the same. Reasons varied; shady investment counselors, business deals that went south, divorce settlements, and having the best friends money can buy all were significant factors in losing fortunes.
    If you are dumb with money when you are poor, you are dumb with money when you have some. Easton doesnt strike me as the dummy who buys 4 houses and 10 cars

Easton has played 2 years and earned 1.4 million. 560k in taxes. 840,000. Worst case;10% agent fee so hes made $756,000 in 2 years. Probably spent 50k training so $700k. That's assuming he isnt cut this year

He stands to make
    850k next year
    $965,000 in 2022

If he makes it through next year and is on the roster for 3 games hes eligible for the NFL pension which awesome when hes older. 3 years its only 21k and goes up each year, average is 42k.

There is an annuity plan which is valuable in year 5, 401k, and other payments for licensing

Severance plan with 2 years vested, it's like 25k if your out of the league

If he completes his current contract he will be borderline wealthy, but not never work again rich. If he signs a 2nd contract or keeps playing he will have fuck you money.

If he never plays another game, hes got a hell of a jumpstart at life. Hes a got a few bucks, a degree without debt and a name

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com