Page 274 of 455 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324374 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

How about keeping this thread strictly Easton Stickish, fellas?

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

According to some quick Googling, the fastest peak speed reached by a human is around 27.8 mph (Usain Bolt, peak speed reached during the latter half of his record-setting 9.58 second 100M dash). The "average man" can reach peak speeds of 15 mph. So 17 mph is definitely not on par with the fastest humans, but it is probably a respectably fast peak speed for elite athletes who aren't generally relied upon to run fast, but rather to throw accurately and far with speed. I suspect it's faster than anyone messaging on this board can run. So, according to at least one internet source, a T-Rex would likely be able to catch and eat all of us, as their peak running speed is estimated at about 18 mph.

Can we get back to how great Easton is now? What a dude!

Why is a quarterback with Easton's obvious football talents, intelligence, integrity and amazing winning record forecast to be a late-rounder in the NFL draft?

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Why is a quarterback with Easton's obvious football talents, intelligence, integrity and amazing winning record forecast to be a late-rounder in the NFL draft?
    Ya got me on that one......

Stick had less time to prepare for the NFL Draft season due to Frisco,
    but here is an example of someone who did well in all-star game, interview, NFL Combine and testing season.

Kyle Lauletta (born November 27, 1995) is a NFL QB for the New York Giants.
    College: Richmond
    NFL Draft: 2018 / Round: 4 / Pick: 108

2015 FCS Playoffs:
    RICHMOND (10-4) -VS- NORTH DAKOTA STATE (12-2)

NDSU 33
    Richmond 7

Kyle Lauletta - 12/26 171 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 3 sacks
    Easton Stick - 13/20 136 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 0 sacks

So, go to the combine, test & interview well, and it only takes 1 team to like a player......
    There is value to back-up/developmental QB’s in the League, so why wait until the 7th round???

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Because he's not 6'5", and he didn't look good throwing for one week, so everyone is now overanalyzing all of his flaws. If he was 3" taller, then he would be a 3rd round talent at worst, because "measureables".

Arm talent for one, he has an average NFL arm I'd say. He's average height and weight. When your coming from FCS and only average size and arm talent your going to be a mid to late rounder at best. That's just the way it is, it's actually amazing to even get drafted as a QB. There are only 32 NFL teams and most of them have QB's of Eastons caliber on them already. His opportunity will come and then it's up to him to make the most of it.

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am Easton Stick fan, want to see him get drafted but listening to Ross Uglem podcast I get a sense that Easton may be a 7 th round to UDFA. Ross has been pitching Easton to every guest on his podcast and the unanimous opinion is that nobody wants a QB in 7th round.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

When Coach K calls Easton “the best college football player in America”, I tend to believe him brcause he is a pretty good judge of talent.

When Coach K calls Easton “the best college football player in America”, I tend to believe him brcause he is a pretty good judge of talent.
    Yeah but that does not necessarily translate to the nfl.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Lol yeah sure ok.....