Page 266 of 455 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick! We got him!

I don't recall any of these blurbs referring to Stick's speed.

I'm hopeful that he puts up a great 40 yard dash on pro day and that that puts him higher on the watch lists.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post

I'm hopeful that he puts up a great 40 yard dash on pro day and that that puts him higher on the watch lists.
    He's actually being overlooked now, after the Shrine Game. There is a lot of confirmation bias in the draft analysis world.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post

Maybe that's because most NFL QB's are not very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    They're fast, it just the game is so much faster.

Not sure many QBs are slower than Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, but they've been proven to hit 17 MPH during a game.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo View Post
    Tom Brady was a turtle at his combine, and he didn't look athletic.
    He came from a pedigree school, so he likely got looks and 'forgiveness' that other QBs would not get.
    What I have heard is that he was a winner so the Patriots organization looked at Michigan film to see if there were reasons why.
    They noticed stuff - the right stuff, right kind of stuff. Easton had a few subpar games, but I suspect that most film would
    show he is the real deal. Give Hedberg a lot of credit - and perhaps the two pro NDSU QBs that came before him.

Good article. One thing that has bothered me since the National Championship Game and is mentioned in your story is how Wentz's performance during the Championship Game against JSU helped propel his draft stock. Any reason why Easton's performance against EWU didn't do the same? Statistically, Easton had a better game, and probably against a better defense.

Too much has been focused on his practice during the East-West Shrine Game, which actually wasn't that bad, but his performance during that game and the National Championship Game are hardly, if never, mentioned. Stick is going to end up being a steal if "experts" continue to overlook him. However, I do feel he's going to kill it at the combine and NDSU's Pro Day. Unlike the Shrine Game, he will have time to be prepared. Hard to go from the Championship Game to the Shrine Game in a short time and compete with QBs who have been training specifically for that event for about a month. Plus, in between the two games, he had to take care of other things professional athletes have to do, like finding an agent.
    Hail the BISON!!!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Good article. One thing that has bothered me since the National Championship Game and is mentioned in your story is how Wentz's performance during the Championship Game against JSU helped propel his draft stock. Any reason why Easton's performance against EWU didn't do the same? Statistically, Easton had a better game, and probably against a better defense.

Too much has been focused on his practice during the East-West Shrine Game, which actually wasn't that bad, but his performance during that game and the National Championship Game are hardly, if never, mentioned. Stick is going to end up being a steal if "experts" continue to overlook him. However, I do feel he's going to kill it at the combine and NDSU's Pro Day. Unlike the Shrine Game, he will have time to be prepared. Hard to go from the Championship Game to the Shrine Game in a short time and compete with QBs who have been training specifically for that event for about a month. Plus, in between the two games, he had to take care of other things professional athletes have to do, like finding an agent.
    I heard something interesting about Kyler Murray this morning. His big knock is, that by traditional standards, he's too short to play QB in the NFL. I believe it was Field Yates that said folks need to get passed that. Sure, height is one thing when considering a QB, but at the end of day if that's the biggest drawback then thats a pretty insignificant deal. He showed week in and week out that he (Murray) is an elite talent.

I dont think KM and Easton are on the same level, but I do think their situation is similar. Easton's biggest knock is that he played FCS football. If the media, scouts, and coaches cant get passed the level of competition than every situation that solidifies that narrative will be put under a microscope. It doesnt matter that he's won more games than any FCS QB, it doesnt matter what kind of offense he plays in, it doesnt matter who he is as a person...all that matters to them is that in his first submersion into "elite" competition he performed poorly. Even during the Carson's senior bowl performance - it really wasnt the point of focus, it was what he showed during that week of practice. After he solidified his ability during the Senior Bowl practice week then folks could say everything he did in the natty wasnt because he was playing inferior competition, but rather because he can actually do those things well regardless. Easton didnt do that. In the immediate sample size of evaluation he did not blow anyone's socks off. Its a biproduct of playing FCS football...doesnt really matter how determined you are to prove thats a really lame argument...its what it is.

I mean its a given that Easton is going to end up at a camp somewhere...that'll be his opportunity to prove himself. All the combine and pro day does is provides more chances for people to doubt him. If he performs well then its expected because of his "resume". however, if he performs poorly its going to have major repercussions.

He deserves to be on a roster...and I think his abilities translate well with the way the game is played now. He needs to land at the spot where the OC is a little more innovative so that they can get him on the move and doing some RPOs.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Many scouts focus too much on the physical attributes of a potential NFL QB and not on the intangible "IT" factor - does this person have leadership, can he command a huddle, does the person read defenses and make adjustments of the fly, do they have pocket presence, can they make instant and correct decisions under pressure, are they a person of integrity, character, and morality; do they 'heart' .... As someone pointed out in a post above, the Patriots looked at Brady's 'IT' factor when they decided to get him despite his lack of some physical attributes.

So if you are scouting ES, you have to ask yourself - does ES have the "IT" factors to make a good NFL QB. The physical attributes will be otherwise showcased and measured at the Combine, NDSU Pro-Day, and various team workouts.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!