Page 376 of 455 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386426 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

The other side of this coin: Rivers turns 38 this week. Unsure if he thinks he has Brady-like longevity, but it would make a little sense for him to be a little more instructive if he knows he’s a year or two away from calling it. I could be wrong there.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Lots of chatter indicating that Rivers is out with the Chargers. Obviously a little early to speculate, but good news for Easton at the very least.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

i don't like that idea. I'd rather chargers go into next year with Philips #1 Easton #2 then Philips gets booed or hurt and Easton comes in.

if they get a Free Agent QB, who's younger and better, might be bad news for Easton
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It seems fairly likely that SD drafts another QB and Stick may never get his shot.

I see the only good scenario is for them to sign a stop gap QB but I highly doubt they know for sure their future QB is on the roster. Even if they like Stick I just don't think they could have seen enough to put all their eggs in that basket just yet.

If they don't draft a high pick QB then best bet for Stick is they sign a high quality free agent that fizzles out after a couple years a la Cousins and Stick to impress during that time.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    It seems fairly likely that SD drafts another QB and Stick may never get his shot.
    This. 10 char.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Easton made $800k this year on his 4 year 3 million dollar contract just learning to be a NFL QB.
    I think he is feeling pretty good right now. Things will work out fine for him, I have no doubt.

With the Chargers having the sixth pick, they'll either have Justin Herbert (most likely scenerio) or Tua Tagovailoa to chose from after the Dolphins get their choice with the fifth pick (I got Joe Burrow heading home to Ohio when Cincinnati picks him with the first pick).

The only way I see this all changing is if the draft order is changed via trades and a team desperate for a QB jumps both the Dolphins and Chargers or if the Chargers don't go cheap and dish out big money for a QB free agent like Dak Prescott (don't count on the Chargers spending money).

With that said, I feel Easton will eventually have his chance to shine in the NFL in a handful of games, but I still feel he'll spend most of his professional time as a back-up. If he can do this for a decade, he'll be set for life and have a great chance of being mentally and physically fit after his football career. The dude also has leadership skills that could lead him to being a coach or a leader of some kind of business/organization. The future is bright for Easton.
    Hail the BISON!!!

There is a rumor Tom Brady to the Chargers. I can see it with them going into new stadium.

Living in LA I can agree with this statement. Also Tyrod is under contract next year.