Page 296 of 455 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

A fun fact from the Lone Star State. A guy I work who is a lifelong Patriots fan seems dead set that the Patriots will draft Stick and mold him into an Edelman-type role. He said they have always placed a weirdly high emphasis on 3-cone drill times, and that his entire friend circle who followed the combine individually came up with the same conclusion that the Patriots would go after Stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Stary2k11 View Post
    A fun fact from the Lone Star State. A guy I work who is a lifelong Patriots fan seems dead set that the Patriots will draft Stick and mold him into an Edelman-type role. He said they have always placed a weirdly high emphasis on 3-cone drill times, and that his entire friend circle who followed the combine individually came up with the same conclusion that the Patriots would go after Stick.
    If you look up "Easton Stick" on twitter, a lot of newer posts of Patriot fans saying the same thing. With that said, I think putting Stick at WR/Slot would be a waste of his skills.
    Hail the BISON!!!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Do QB's do bench press and 60 yard shuttle? I didn't see anything posted for them there. Pretty impressive if he got 3rd place by doing 1-2 less events.
    Last edited by HerdistheWord; 03-05-2019 at 06:01 PM.

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Paul Allen was going to share some thoughts about Easton today on his show. Not sure at what time, I will dig through the podcast later today.
    PA had John Ledyard as a guest and asked about Easton. Ledyard isn’t an Easton fan. Said Easton had a bad week at the Shrine and can’t see him in the NFL.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    PA had John Ledyard as a guest and asked about Easton. Ledyard isn’t an Easton fan. Said Easton had a bad week at the Shrine and can’t see him in the NFL.
    He has been a polarizing prospect to say the least.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    FTA:
    Cons:
    •At times tries to fit balls in when shouldn’t <-- correctable
    •Level of competition <--when you don't have anything else to day, this is always a go-to statement
    •How will he be against faster defenses <-- had TD in Shrine Game
    •When he misses it is usually due to drop in arm slot <-- correctable

These don't seem to be fatal flaws and if these are the worst 'Cons' ...... well then

Article did say ES 'gets the most out of his arm' which could be viewed as a 'Con' meaning little upside in arm strength(?)
    Can you explain what "drop in arm slot" means? I can't really decipher that one.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Believe it means he tends to sidearm his delivery at times.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

I'd take what he says with a grain of salt. I don't think he was very high on Carson either.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not sure I would put much credence in either one of those guys opinions...PA just comes up silly some times and Ledyard is well..Ledyard. I think the comparison to Edelman is nice and polite, but the Patriots QB room is pretty empty these days. Seems like i remember not a lot of teams being too high on some dude that got picked in the sixth round, i think, name Brady...

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    If you look up "Easton Stick" on twitter, a lot of newer posts of Patriot fans saying the same thing. With that said, I think putting Stick at WR/Slot would be a waste of his skills.
    Can’t disagree but if a team can turn him into a an Edelman type player that wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk