Page 232 of 455 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I’ll throw out a guess of late 2nd to early 4th.
    I agree with this. I think he could sneak into the end of the 1st with an amazig shrine bowl, combine, and pro day, but i could also see him dropping to the mid-rounds with a few minor stumbles due to his perceived lack of size (not 6'5") and competition. I am gonna guess round 2-3. I have seen fans from the Jets, Dolphins, and Broncos mention Easton, so that usually means that the media and in those areas have speculated on Stick already. That is a good sign. The Dolphins fans seem most hyped about him.

Sooooo, Easton is 6’2”. How tall is Aaron Rodgers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Sooooo, Easton is 6’2”. How tall is Aaron Rodgers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And Russell Wilson

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    And Russell Wilson

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Or Drew Brees, Deshaun Watson, Baker Mayfield, Dak Prescott, Jimmy Garoppolo, Nick Mullens, C. J. Beathard and Case Keenum. Just a list of QBs that started this year in the NFL that are 6'2" or shorter. The you got a bunch of QBs who are only an inch taller: Patrick Mahomes, Kirk Cousins, Derek Carr, Sam Darnold, Matthew Stafford, Mitchell Trubisky, Lamar Jackson, Josh Johnson and Kyle Allen.

I don't think Stick's height is going to be an issue. The first few seasons at NDSU, it seemed like he struggled with seeing over the Bison O-Line, which is around the NFL average, but got tremendously better the last two. Other physical aspects of Stick that scouts are going to love is that he's not thin, extremely durable, a strong accurate arm and fast. Add in his mental acumen and I truly believe he'll be a starter in the NFL within two years. Like Wentz, he was well prepared how to train like a pro under Hedberg.
    Hail the BISON!!!

To clarify, i don't think Stick's size is an issue, which is why i used the wording "perceived size". However Carson's rise was aided by his prototypical size. Easton isn't prototypical size. He's not far off, but he's not there. Wilson and Rodgers also played for FBS teams, so they didn't have the same competition concerns. I think size and competition is way overblown, but some of the NFL minds seem to put a lot of weight behind those things and they could affect his draft stock. Perceptions sometimes matter more than actual talent when it comes to the draft.
    Last edited by HerdistheWord; 01-11-2019 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    To clarify, i don't think Stick's size is an issue, which is why i used the wording "perceived size". However Carson's rise was aided by his prototypical size. Easton isn't prototypical size. He's not far off, bit he's not there. Wilson and Rodgers also played for FBS teams, so they didn't have the same competition concerns. I think size and competition is way overblown, but some of the NFL minds seem to put a lot of weight behind those things and they could affect his draft stock. Perceptions sometimes matter more than actual talent when it comes to the draft.
    If he can figure out a way to kill it at the combine if he gets a chance.. that will separate him. I don't know how fast Easton is but to my untrained eye, he's as quick/fast as anyone out there. Not Michael Vick type fast but certainly faster than most QB's.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I hope he kills the combine. He was snubbed from the senior bowl, which tells me that his hype train isn't full force yet. Gotta get that baby chugging .

Biggest question is how big are his hands? Needs to start stretching those things out!

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Water drill, anyone?
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

I'm more concerned with how many of his teammates came to his birthday party.