Page 387 of 455 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397437 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Our man Easton does not even get a mention here. Not encouraging.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ads-as-starter

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Our man Easton does not even get a mention here. Not encouraging.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ads-as-starter

Quiet optimism here but there aren't many 2nd year 5th round picks that would get a mention in an article like that.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Quiet optimism here but there aren't many 2nd year 5th round picks that would get a mention in an article like that.
    Sure I get that. I did note that the writer said it is known that Lynn wants to run the ball more. As someone else already posted in this thread you would think that Easton fits the Taysom Hill type of role there quite nicely.

Have seen several mocks, like this one, where the Chargers
    pick Oregon QB Justin Hebert at #6

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...key-needs/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Have seen several mocks, like this one, where the Chargers
    pick Oregon QB Justin Hebert at #6

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...key-needs/amp/

I think some team will get desperate and trade ahead and reach for Herbert. I also think they will regret it.

I can see the chargers taking another need at 6 and then grabbing someone later like a Love or an Eason.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I think some team will get desperate and trade ahead and reach for Herbert. I also think they will regret it.

I can see the chargers taking another need at 6 and then grabbing someone later like a Love or an Eason.
    Tua is another likely bust. All the skill in the world doesn't mean shit when your always on the bench
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Tua is another likely bust. All the skill in the world doesn't mean shit when your always on the bench
    Just goes to show how great the athletes are at every position. Every QB in the NFL was a high level competitor all through their career when you compare them to other players at other positions. The very fact that sports writers will just about always say their are 4-5 elite QB's in the whole NFL and 10 others who are good is just crazy. While their are 5 times that many in almost any other position (except punters and kickers). We have two great examples of this who came from NDSU. Brock Jensen and Easton Stick are considered legends here and yet no NFL team thinks they can manage to run an NFL offense. Easton still may get his chance, but it is clear he will have a tough road to show his stuff. That all being said, my point is that I believe there are many more great QB's out there than we are lead to believe. It is just that they also have a much higher standard of grading them out compared to everyone else.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Just goes to show how great the athletes are at every position. Every QB in the NFL was a high level competitor all through their career when you compare them to other players at other positions. The very fact that sports writers will just about always say their are 4-5 elite QB's in the whole NFL and 10 others who are good is just crazy. While their are 5 times that many in almost any other position (except punters and kickers). We have two great examples of this who came from NDSU. Brock Jensen and Easton Stick are considered legends here and yet no NFL team thinks they can manage to run an NFL offense. Easton still may get his chance, but it is clear he will have a tough road to show his stuff. That all being said, my point is that I believe there are many more great QB's out there than we are lead to believe. It is just that they also have a much higher standard of grading them out compared to everyone else.
    Like all high visibility professional roles:

Success = Talent + Desire + Right Time + Right Place

Very hard to get all 4 lined up.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Warning: Ben Newman content.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯