Page 346 of 455 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348356396446 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,460 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Awesome to see this. Hopefully this pays off in the long run for Easton. Love this kid.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    #44 for the Cardinals would be cut from the team for that lack of effort.
    I thought 35 the corner jogging around was worse

Some stats from the Chargers game last night.

Some positives for Easton
    78 Passing yards, most of the three QBs who played. Next best was 72 yards by Taylor.
    51 Rushing yards, most of all the Chargers players. Next best was 40 yards by Eckler.
    31 yards for the longest run. Best of all the Chargers players. Next best was 25 yards by Taylor (another QB)
    64% passes completed. This is a good percentage.

Some negative stats for Easton
    1 interception. Only one thrown by a Charger QB last night.
    47 QB rating, which is low but it is only for one game and was affected by the int. Other two QBs: Cardale Jones (90), Tyrod Taylor (117)
    Tyrod completed all 6 of his passes, had no interceptions, so had a good night.

Stats don't tell the whole story - such as who was able to get additional yards when things looked bad. How many 3rd down conversions were they able to make happen? Did they balance risks well - not so conservative that they couldn't move the ball, yet not so risky that they made mistakes or risked getting hurt. Others can comment on who was better on stuff like this.

The other QBs threw 6 passes each. Stick threw 11. So looks like coaches liked what they saw, or just wanted to see more, to see what he could do. Overall, sounds like a good first game for Easton.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Some stats from the Chargers game last night.
    Consider also, ES was playing with the camp body offense, he is fortunate not to get injured on some of those sacks. Makes his unstated stats even more impressive.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

I think everyone who watched that game saw a very good QB prospect, play very well for his first game.

I dont know how QB rating is compiled, but I dont think any Chargers fans or coaches are thinking "well I thought he played great until I saw his QB rating and now I've changed my mind. He sucks now."
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Easton with the media after the game.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...995802712&_rdr

The NFL owners want to go to 18 games and 2 pre season games. One idea being kicked around is to have 18 games but players could only play in 16 of those games. If that happens your #2 QB is guaranteed two games and presumably against weaker competition. Something like that looks perfect for Stick rather than the usual garbage time minutes. And of course Stick has to move up to be the #2 man.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Bison fans, front row seats for Stick's first TD, nice.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well, that is an okay sign.
    Insert something clever here...