Page 201 of 455 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Uffda View Post
    Hedberg is a stud.
    As a kid growing up in the 70's just outside of Parshall, I was fortunate to be able to watch him tear it up on both the bball court and football field.
    Grew up in Killdeer area and couldn't agree more. He was also a stud in Track and Field as well as baseball.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Grew up in Killdeer area and couldn't agree more. He was also a stud in Track and Field as well as baseball.
    Yeah, just a great all-around athletic. I attended school in New Town, but grew up on a farm much closer to Parshall. Mother grew up in Parshall and dad is from Van Hook. I lived in NE ND now, but always love getting back there for hunting and fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Pretty good athlete (whose father was also a pretty good athlete as a professional pitcher) that plays in an Andy Reid system that was built for his style of football and is now churning out OCs to be head coaches every other year (Eric Bieniemy will be a HC next season - maybe Denver). Also add in the speed he has with Hill and Hunt, he'll be doing fine until NFL defenses evolve within a year or two. After that, we'll see.
    I see you, bronco fan. Haters gonna hate. Are you saying that running an offense that is developed for the skill sets of the players while also dominating your division is anything less than ideal?

Did you read the si.com article CAS linked the other day. That offense has a ton going on and is evolving all the time. Get used to mahomes.

When stick gets his chance I sincerely hope it's with a coach like Andy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Insiders had SIU coach Nick Hill on today and he brought up unsolicited that Stick should win the Walter Payton award this year. Now you can write that off as saying it's typical coachspeak ass-kissing but the question was about how he thought Easton's game translated to the NFL level and his answer went into how he's a winner who could put up much bigger numbers in a different offense but that QBs (and Hill is a former All-American QB at SIU) should be judged by winning and by championships and said pretty much out-of-the-blue that Stick should win the Payton award this year due to that.

It still won't happen but it's high praise regardless from a guy that knows the game and the position specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The Insiders had SIU coach Nick Hill on today and he brought up unsolicited that Stick should win the Walter Payton award this year. Now you can write that off as saying it's typical coachspeak ass-kissing but the question was about how he thought Easton's game translated to the NFL level and his answer went into how he's a winner who could put up much bigger numbers in a different offense but that QBs (and Hill is a former All-American QB at SIU) should be judged by winning and by championships and said pretty much out-of-the-blue that Stick should win the Payton award this year due to that.

It still won't happen but it's high praise regardless from a guy that knows the game and the position specifically.
    I was thinking it and he was saying it. It was a thing of beautiful synchrony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Chief View Post
    I see you, bronco fan. Haters gonna hate. Are you saying that running an offense that is developed for the skill sets of the players while also dominating your division is anything less than ideal?

Did you read the si.com article CAS linked the other day. That offense has a ton going on and is evolving all the time. Get used to mahomes.

When stick gets his chance I sincerely hope it's with a coach like Andy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Um, what did I say that was hateful? I gave props to Mahomes, Reid's system (despite not providing any Championships....yet), the Chiefs speedy players and Eric Bieniemy. The only negative thing I wrote in regards to the Chiefs was what will happen when the NFL defense evolve (they always do). This isn't specific to just Reid's system and the variations that his former OCs are implementing within the league, but Pat Mahomes himself as he is pretty much the perfect QB to run it in the NFL at this time.

Chiefs are good this year and should be strong contender for the Championship this year. Right now, I have the Saints over the Steelers, but that can change week to week. If the Chiefs' defense was better, I'd be more confident in their chances.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

This is so dumb. Not so much on the award side of things but as far as NFL evaluation... It’s the functional equivalent of evaluating pitching prospects based on their win/loss record.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Top 4 QBs in D1 college football history in wins:

1. Kellen Moore (Boise St): 50
    2. Brock Jensen (NDSU): 48
    T3. Colt McCoy (Texas): 45
    T3. Easton Stick (NDSU): 45

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How did Kellen Moore get ahead of Brock? Just doesn't seem right with the number of games with FBS vs. FCS.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oldmantutters; 11-18-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Hope did Kellen Moore get ahead of Brock? Just doesn't seem right with the number of games with FBS vs. FCS.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    he started every team game for 4 years. They went 50-3. 3 13 game seasons and a 14.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie