Page 186 of 455 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: Easton Stick

I don't think we are going to see much out of the ordinary from Stick the next 4 games, and I am ok with that. He'll do his thing and go 11-16 for 150 yards with 2 TD's and rush for 40 yards with a TD each game, with some nice play-action to the TE's down the seam.

I think the RB's are gonna average over 300 yards/game over the next 4 (we, including QB runs, are at 253.1 yards/game for the season). The playoffs could be Stick's next real chance to shine. He already is shining, but many don't realize it.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hopefully Stick continues to toss it to reliable targets Ertz and Godder . . . I mean Jensen and Ellefson. If he does the team will continue to move chains and be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    He probably could in Manitoba.
    He sure can.

No idea if he is better than Mr. Stick or not, but there is a big difference between a true sophomore and a 5th year senior. Different offenses, different guys, etc.

If Stick is any good, he'll get a shot to prove it. Wentz has proved me very wrong. I won't say Stick can't do the same. I haven't watched a lot of him but the old man seems to think pretty highly of him.
    College of Business Alumnus

GOBISON123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

At this point last year, Christ Strevler was ranked 20 among the draft eligible QBs, As of today Easton is ranked 24th. I doubt Easton will get drafted unless he starts throwing to other WRs and drastically improve other aspects of his game.
    " Our strategy for winning against BISON was simple, we put our WRs and RBs in a 1 on 1 situation with their defense in the backfield.....everybody knows they have some freshman who cannot tackle in a 1 on 1 situation.....Joe Glen"

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    At this point last year, Christ Strevler was ranked 20 among the draft eligible QBs, As of today Easton is ranked 24th. I doubt Easton will get drafted unless he starts throwing to other WRs and drastically improve other aspects of his game.
    If those other WRs are not getting any separation then why would Easton start throwing to them? It would be interesting to see a team's top CB follow Shephard, especially when he goes to the slot, and see what our offensive passing game would turn into. Good possibility that our WRs would get completely shut down then, but maybe these other guys would win a few more battles against the #3 CB.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Your telling me that throwing to the open guy hurts his draft stock?

Well you are entitled to your opinion, I guess.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Hopefully Stick continues to toss it to reliable targets Ertz and Godder . . . I mean Jensen and Ellefson. If he does the team will continue to move chains and be successful.
    Im not sure our current OC has much in the playbook for TE's. Prior to coming here I seem to remember his teams throwing a lot to WR's up and down the field. Regardless, I sure miss the TE's being involved in the Bison vertical attack. The WR play, other than Shep is almost nonexistent. I would really like to see a defense completely take Shep out of a game, (scheme him out) just to see what this offense would do to combat it and if it CAN? Other than Shep this WR crew is INVISIBLE!! Hope the Bison have a playoff answer as some team is gonna make them prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I would say his current evaluation is pretty fair on Easton right now and not too far off from my own.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    While he is the best resource we have, people can be wrong. Certainly was wrong on Wentz. Probably right on Stick. Right now I think Stick ranges from 3rd round to UDFA (all depending on if he call get an invite to the combine, senior bowl etc).