Page 212 of 455 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

That was a catch. I'm assuming most around here have seen the photo floating around showing the ball touching the ground, to that I'd say you can tell more from video than a single still shot.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    That was a catch. I'm assuming most around here have seen the photo floating around showing the ball touching the ground, to that I'd say you can tell more from video than a single still shot.

yeah, that's what I was saying, in no way was that photo probative.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree the photo is not enough but funny, I don't agree. It was not a catch as far as I'm concerned but I would say it could be called either way. I think the video shows the ball moving too much and not enough control of the ball for how much it was on the ground.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I agree the photo is not enough but funny, I don't agree. It was not a catch as far as I'm concerned but I would say it could be called either way. I think the video shows the ball moving too much and not enough control of the ball for how much it was on the ground.

Just my opinion.

That's fair. My opinion is that it should have been called a catch on the field in the first place. I'd say that even if it were the other way around, gotta reward an effort like that. You can always go back and reverse it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    That's fair. My opinion is that it should have been called a catch on the field in the first place. I'd say that even if it were the other way around, gotta reward an effort like that. You can always go back and reverse it.

Would be interesting to have Indy’s take on this.

Either way Bison didn’t need it.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Would be interesting to have Indy’s take on this.

Either way Bison didn’t need it.
    Definitely would also love to hear his take on this. To expand on why I think that (in no particular order):

1. To "reward" a great effort
    2. His arms stayed out in front of him through the whole slide
    3. There was no obvious bobble
    4. To me, part of calling it incomplete is because it was such an incredible catch (maybe a bit of "there is no way he caught that")
    5. Maybe a little bit like when instant replay came back and officials were advised to let plays go a little bit longer because they could always huddle up after and talk about it, but if whistles were premature "down by contact" couldn't be challenged

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

Just my opinion.

As the ball was in the air I thought that chance of catching it was close to zero. Right in front of us. Amazing effort.

I wonder if that influenced to official’s call. They’re human and can anticipate.

Clearly, whatever was the original call was going to stand.

It definitely wasn’t a TD. Spot would have been the 1 if ruled a catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easton named as the 1st team QB on the AP FCS All-American team: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.d48ae1b654ed

Momentum certainly seems to be building for him towards a possible Payton award. Tanner Volson and Robbie Grimsley join him on the 1st team. Greg Menard and Jabril Cox were 2nd team. Zack Johnson and Garret Wegner were 3rd team.

Easton got a pretty good mention in this weeks MMQB article on SI.com

5. Easton Stick, Carson Wentz’s successor at North Dakota State, is worth keeping an eye on. Stick was a tidy 14-of-19 for 205 yards and three touchdowns in the Bison’s 35-0 blowout of Colgate, and is in his fourth season starting (he started for most of Wentz’s final year, while Wentz was hurt). He’s seen as a likely Day 3 pick, and is under consideration for the final of the eight quarterback spots at the Senior Bowl—which, if you remember, is where Wentz’s rise as a draft prospect kicked into overdrive. Also, Stick’s got a mean crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Easton named as the 1st team QB on the AP FCS All-American team: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.d48ae1b654ed

Momentum certainly seems to be building for him towards a possible Payton award. Tanner Volson and Robbie Grimsley join him on the 1st team. Greg Menard and Jabril Cox were 2nd team. Zack Johnson and Garret Wegner were 3rd team.

Outstanding!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."