Page 233 of 257 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2561

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    To clarify, i don't think Stick's size is an issue, which is why i used the wording "perceived size". However Carson's rise was aided by his prototypical size. Easton isn't prototypical size. He's not far off, but he's not there. Wilson and Rodgers also played for FBS teams, so they didn't have the same competition concerns. I think size and competition is way overblown, but some of the NFL minds seem to put a lot of weight behind those things and they could affect his draft stock. Perceptions sometimes matter more than actual talent when it comes to the draft.
    just for a point of reference, Easton is pretty much the exact same size as Jimmy Garapolo.

Blog Entries

To clarify, i don't think Stick's size is an issue, which is why i used the wording "perceived size". However Carson's rise was aided by his prototypical size. Easton isn't prototypical size. He's not far off, but he's not there. Wilson and Rodgers also played for FBS teams, so they didn't have the same competition concerns. I think size and competition is way overblown, but some of the NFL minds seem to put a lot of weight behind those things and they could affect his draft stock. Perceptions sometimes matter more than actual talent when it comes to the draft.
    I think one major issue for him is throwing in the pocket, being able to get through his progressions at the next level.
    Bisonville FCS Survivor Pick Em Champs
    2017: JDZ
    2016: CalBison97
    2015: Taper
    2014: SamsRams

I agree with this. I think he could sneak into the end of the 1st with an amazig shrine bowl, combine, and pro day, but i could also see him dropping to the mid-rounds with a few minor stumbles due to his perceived lack of size (not 6'5") and competition. I am gonna guess round 2-3. I have seen fans from the Jets, Dolphins, and Broncos mention Easton, so that usually means that the media and in those areas have speculated on Stick already. That is a good sign. The Dolphins fans seem most hyped about him.
    Has he been officially invited to the combine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

I don't think the invite list is out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Has he been officially invited to the combine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They invited something like 19 QBs last year (too lazy to look) so he should be invited.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Josh Norris
    @JoshNorris

I found this notable: Easton Stick signed with Rep1, same group that's been extremely successful with QB prospects in recent drafts, namely Trubisky, Wentz, Goff, Mariota and Beathard, among others.
    https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/statu...90309294329856
    "We're gonna go ahead and pin the Bison as the most successful small-conference DI sports program in America." -SBnation

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I think one major issue for him is throwing in the pocket, being able to get through his progressions at the next level.
    I dont see that as an issue at all

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I dont see that as an issue at all
    Agreed.

10char

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    If you looked at the post CAS had a few days ago, this guy, Matt Waldman, does a great job of showing Easton's strengths. Waldman is high on Easton's ability to go through his progressions and pocket mobility.

https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2019/01/0...-dakota-state/

Waldman does a great job of explaining a lot of the same aspects Ross has pointed out, but get ignored quite a bit from many on this forum. If scouts do just as good job as Waldman or Ross, Easton is going to be drafted before day three.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Knew it.