Page 407 of 455 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    He could have cut that one up field

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    No, there was a defender right there on the edge. I don’t see anywhere to cut up.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    No, there was a defender right there on the edge. I don’t see anywhere to cut up.
    Then he tried to outrun the defender, but most NFL linebackers are really fast.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Gotta make that guy miss.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Gotta make that guy miss.

So the real criticism is that he didn’t channel his inner Saquon.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Any chance that Easton was thrown out there to show that they have a competent QB that could be traded? He didn't show a lot in those two plays, but maybe enough to make scouts go check some tape.

I told my SDSU buddies long ago Easton very well may have the longest NFL career of NDSU's pros as he is literally built as the ideal backup QB. He does not have a big enough arm to be a feature QB, but his athleticism, work ethic, and smarts make him perfect as a backup. He can win you a game if he has to come in. Best job in all of football, and these opportunities are huge to help him hang in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Any chance that Easton was thrown out there to show that they have a competent QB that could be traded? He didn't show a lot in those two plays, but maybe enough to make scouts go check some tape.
    If that were the case, and it's possible I suppose, I would say the act of putting him in shows they believe he is competent and it's not about putting anything on film.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I told my SDSU buddies long ago Easton very well may have the longest NFL career of NDSU's pros as he is literally built as the ideal backup QB. He does not have a big enough arm to be a feature QB, but his athleticism, work ethic, and smarts make him perfect as a backup. He can win you a game if he has to come in. Best job in all of football, and these opportunities are huge to help him hang in that role.
    A soldier who does not want to be a captain is a bad soldier. A QB who does not want to be a starter is a bad QB. Your logic that Easton is a good QB because he is a great backup does not make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    A soldier who does not want to be a captain is a bad soldier. A QB who does not want to be a starter is a bad QB. Your logic that Easton is a good QB because he is a great backup does not make any sense.
    The vast majority of our military is guys who will never be a lieutenant much less a captain. I hope they understand they are bad soldiers lol
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    I think he said his skillset is that of a backup, not that Easton doesn’t have the desire to be a starter. I imagine he still prepares as though he is a starter. That is what backups are supposed to do, no?