Page 263 of 455 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    It is shocking that some of these guys that skip their bowl games are still allowed to be part of the “team” and wander the sidelines acting important while their team is playing in said bowl game. If you want to skip the game I understand why, go ahead and be done. But that should mean no more team privileges like weight room, free school gear, playbooks, film room, ect., and you certainly don’t get to stand on the sideline while your ex teammates are busting their tail on the field.
    I agree. If you want to be on the team, good. If you don't want to, then get the fuck out. Turn in your gear, and have a nice life.

Im on the fence with that one.

On one hand you have a guy sitting out essentially a pointless game that could cost him millions if he shreds a knee. Unlike his school, conference and the ncaa.. he and his teammates don't see a cent from playing in said bowl game.

On the other hand you have abandoning teammates. Christian McCaffrey who started all of this seems to be doing just fine and accepted by his nfl teammates.

I suppose if I was a sought after surefire high first round pick... i'm sitting if our team isn't in the playoffs. Money talks or something like that

Missing one extra game isnt the end of the world. Life will go on for those abandoned teammates

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

On one hand you have a guy sitting out essentially a pointless game that could cost him millions if he shreds a knee. Unlike his school, conference and the ncaa.. he and his teammates don't see a cent from playing in said bowl game.

On the other hand you have abandoning teammates. Christian McCaffrey who started all of this seems to be doing just fine and accepted by his nfl teammates.

I suppose if I was a sought after surefire high first round pick... i'm sitting if our team isn't in the playoffs. Money talks or something like that

Missing one extra game isnt the end of the world. Life will go on for those abandoned teammates
    Said school likely gave him a scholarship, so he did get something out of the deal. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Said school likely gave him a scholarship, so he did get something out of the deal. Just saying...
    Marginal utility is a bitch.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

Ahhhh......the great paradox of today's elite athletes.

I never understood the meaningless bowl game argument.

If the bowl game is meaningless than every regular season game you play after your team is eliminated from playing in the playoffs is meaningless as well.

Ask jaylon Smith about playing in bowl games. Cost himself millions already, almost cost him his career.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Ask jaylon Smith about playing in bowl games. Cost himself millions already, almost cost him his career.
    He seems to be doing just fine. You can get injured in training too. Just ask Sidney Jones.

Remember Robert Edwards and the infamous beach football injury? It can happen anywhere.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    I never understood the meaningless bowl game argument.

If the bowl game is meaningless than every regular season game you play after your team is eliminated from playing in the playoffs is meaningless as well.
    If you had a lottery ticket, would you cash it right away and quit your job, or wait around a few weeks and help out your current employees by finishing out your job?

Sorry but I would never question someone’s decision when you have life altering money on the line.