Page 392 of 455 FirstFirst ... 292342382390391392393394402442 ... LastLast
Results 3,911 to 3,920 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Would it help Easton's career if he switched from QB to WR , just thinking.
    Quit................
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

My thoughts are the following-
    This is Taylor's last year.
    Herbert needs a lot of mental development.
    Stick is one of the most athletic QB's in the league 94 percentile.
    Roster sizes have the option to add 2 more with cuts on gameday.
    He is very cheap.
    Easton had the highest QBR (or it was top 2-3) in preseason across first 3 games.
    Stick vs Herbert. Stick has been in a pro style system for 5 years now, Herbert zero. That has to count for something.

I think they keep him this year because there is almost no point in cutting him. Herbert might not pick up the offense right away especially with the Chinese virus.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The fact that Taylor is on his last year has to account for something. Especially since he hasn’t started for the chargers yet so there are quite a few unknowns in the QB room.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    He is very cheap.
    Easton had the highest QBR (or it was top 2-3) in preseason across first 3 games.
    Stick vs Herbert. Stick has been in a pro style system for 5 years now, Herbert zero. That has to count for something.

I think they keep him this year because there is almost no point in cutting him. Herbert might not pick up the offense right away especially with the Chinese virus.
    While I don't disagree with anything you said I think it's important to note that the Chargers are talking about pretty much rewriting the entire playbook for Herbert. Basically moving anything under center back to the pistol.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    While I don't disagree with anything you said I think it's important to note that the Chargers are talking about pretty much rewriting the entire playbook for Herbert. Basically moving anything under center back to the pistol.
    We'll see why college offenses don't always work in the NFL. You cannot be out athleting a bunch of schools with 4 and 5 star talent. Everyone is a great athlete. The only team I have seen that makes the screens work semi-consistently are the patriots. The Oregon offense is not portable to the NFL. Hell even Texas Tech is more translatable into the NFL.

That being said my point is that there is almost no benefit to cutting Stick right now. Herbert is a week 2 to week 5 starter depending on his pickup of the offense. If he works out, they have a cheap backup for 2 years. I would be very surprised if he gets cut this year.

Are they going to hold up signs too or is Lynn going to read the defense and send the play in like McVay does for Goff?

How do you know this? Talked with someone in the Charger's organization? Read it somewhere? Or is this speculation.
    Not saying it isn't true (cause I don't know), but that is a pretty significant move by a team that still needs some experience with Herbert to see how he works around NFL talent. I have my doubts, therefore.

That said, I believe I read the Chiefs redid parts of their offense for Mahomes - but I don't know if they did this before he played a single down for them.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    He is very cheap.

Herbert vs. Herbert. Chargers are going to make him play at some point. And I'm sure he'll get a very long leash. They made a big investment in him.
    College of Business Alumnus

Some of you may find this review of Easton interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdJSeADfgQ8

(I don't know if this has been posted before on this thread, but I think not).

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Some of you may find this review of Easton interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdJSeADfgQ8

(I don't know if this has been posted before on this thread, but I think not).
    You don’t normally see QB film breakdowns of throwaways and batted-down passes. Interesting.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery