Page 248 of 455 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250258298348 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Seeing his throws on twitter. He is not doing well. Unless he turns it around quickly he will not get a combine invite. The lack of preparation due to the National Championship game is hurting him. Mentally he is just not there, and I don't understand. He made so much progress this year. Coach Mess was low on the intermediate routes, most of these practices run them a lot. His tape on intermediate routes is limited as well. This is do or die time for him, he has to dominate these practices to get his draft stock up. Is he having trouble with the terminology or doesn't understand the play calls?
    No combine invite would be pretty harsh based on five days of observation. His tape should be enough to secure an invite.
    Last edited by HerdistheWord; 01-17-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Seeing his throws on twitter. He is not doing well. Unless he turns it around quickly he will not get a combine invite. The lack of preparation due to the National Championship game is hurting him. Mentally he is just not there, and I don't understand. He made so much progress this year. Coach Mess was low on the intermediate routes, most of these practices run them a lot. His tape on intermediate routes is limited as well. This is do or die time for him, he has to dominate these practices to get his draft stock up. Is he having trouble with the terminology or doesn't understand the play calls?
    No thats not it IMO. Hes doing what hes always done. Hes thrown in to tight coverage when he shouldnt have thrown and his receivers and the defense is a step faster now. He needs to adjust to the speed of the game.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

emory on with Jack Michaeles 740 The Fan... https://740thefan.com/podcasts/jack-...g-to-the-nfl/#

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    emory on with Jack Michaeles 740 The Fan... https://740thefan.com/podcasts/jack-...g-to-the-nfl/#
    thought Easton is doing well and coaches/scouts would like him more as they sit down and talk with Easton.

Also saw a tweet and Easton hand size met NFL Standard...

I agree with the other comments. If he can't show enough this week and through his tape to get a combine invite I imagine he doesn't get drafted. Probably a lock for UDFA but getting drafted relies on him getting to show himself at the combine.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    I agree with the other comments. If he can't show enough this week and through his tape to get a combine invite I imagine he doesn't get drafted. Probably a lock for UDFA but getting drafted relies on him getting to show himself at the combine.
    saw an Eagles writer state Stick struggled this week but is relying a lot on film and still had him top QB for the week...

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    saw an Eagles writer state Stick struggled this week but is relying a lot on film and still had him top QB for the week...
    it is supposed to be a weak QB class, very plausible they are all doing poorly

It's the age of social media. A guy stammering out buzzwords on youtube can make as much noise on twitter as an actual talent scout and probably makes more noise since they are desperate for attention and clicks.

I'd take any social media reporting with a huge grain of salt. Any evaluation that carries any weight isn't going to be broadcast on twitter. There's enough reporting to say he's not lighting it up which is disappointing, but I've yet to see anything besides some twitter hyperbole to say he's tanking his draft stock.

I would think that Easton’s agent will be able to help with the combine invite. They are know to represent too flight QBs and I’m guessing that these agents have some swing with who gets a combine invite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk