Page 365 of 455 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Agree. But when you complete 3 passes and throw 2 picks, it doesnt help your stock.
    It didn't seem like Lynn gave Easton one chance to play with the 1st and 2nd team. All pre season he has been hamstrung behind an awful o line. Stick is probably going on the practice squad now. Maybe he can get an owie and go on IR. Another thing could be they are trying to get a 5-6th for Cardale Jones. If I were the coach right now, it would be hard to justify Stick over Cardale, the only thing is Cardale has been in this system for 3 years whereas Stick has had 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Agree. But when you complete 3 passes and throw 2 picks, it doesnt help your stock.
    Nope it doesn’t, but his body of work will.

The thing that bothered me tonight was that he didn’t look fluid or confident like he did in games one and three (didn’t see game two). He looked like something was bothering him mentally. He had these moments at NDSU and grew out of them. I expect he’ll do the same in the NFL as he develops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CentennialBison View Post
    Not enough after the Nate Peterman action that Stick just showed. 2 back to back INT.
    Got to believe he ends up somewhere on a practice squad

Cardale stepped up

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Nope it doesn’t, but his body of work will.

The thing that bothered me tonight was that he didn’t look fluid or confident like he did in games one and three (didn’t see game two). He looked like something was bothering him mentally. He had these moments at NDSU and grew out of them. I expect he’ll do the same in the NFL as he develops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Something tells me that the coaches basically told him he needed to win the job. Playing well under pressure is something that you need to do in the NFL, but being placed under that kind of pressure when you are still learning the playbook and getting a feel for the game speed usually results in bad outcomes. You see this with rookie QB’s all the time. Heck, even Carson had turnover problems in his rookie year. Stick was placed in awful positions until the last drive when the running game kicked in. Cardale was able to get into a rhythm early and quite honestly has had one of the better preseasons that I have seen in recent memory (minus his first game).

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Got to believe he ends up somewhere on a practice squad

Cardale stepped up

The crappy thing is that Stick was literally only hampered by Cardale Jones playing better than he ever has. Stick would’ve made the roster for several other teams this year...

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Something tells me that the coaches basically told him he needed to win the job. Playing well under pressure is something that you need to do in the NFL, but being placed under that kind of pressure when you are still learning the playbook and getting a feel for the game speed usually results in bad outcomes. You see this with rookie QB’s all the time. Heck, even Carson had turnover problems in his rookie year. Stick was placed in awful positions until the last drive when the running game kicked in. Cardale was able to get into a rhythm early and quite honestly has had one of the better preseasons that I have seen in recent memory (minus his first game).
    I mean Lynn publicly said this, so I am sure he was told this privately as well.

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/20...season-finale/

I am afraid after last night Stick will be cut. Cardale finally seemed to mature.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    I am afraid after last night Stick will be cut. Cardale finally seemed to mature.
    Because we are talking about QB3 or PS here, the real question is, who do you want to be QB1 when Rivers calls it a day and Tyrod moves on...I think he has a year left on his deal. Less a conversation about either one of them playing much this year unless both Rivers and Tyrod go down.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Biased opinion here, and I don't know the makeup of the Chargers roster but I think Easton is a more versatile keep. I still wonder if they'd be interested in running anything like the saints do with taysom hill?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Biased opinion here, and I don't know the makeup of the Chargers roster but I think Easton is a more versatile keep. I still wonder if they'd be interested in running anything like the saints do with taysom hill?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Easton showed last game that he is great at executing designed QB runs.