Page 245 of 455 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Man...I am hearing mostly bad stuff from the practices. Including videos of bad throws and a pick. Probably a fair amount of politics involved in non official team scouts but the videos don't lie. Pretty big bummer so far as I was very excited to watch his draft stock continue to rise as the next couple months went on. Not a good start.
    Rixen

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Man...I am hearing mostly bad stuff from the practices. Including videos of bad throws and a pick. Probably a fair amount of politics involved in non official team scouts but the videos don't lie. Pretty big bummer so far as I was very excited to watch his draft stock continue to rise as the next couple months went on. Not a good start.
    In all fairness, those videos show like one to two throws all day.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Charlotte media asking the real questions like where did Easton's name come from?

https://wfnz.radio.com/media/audio-c...tick-interview

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Frankly, I really don't think those throws are going to effect how teams view Easton. People in the know understand timing and how it's not going to be there right away with these guys. What they want to see is if he has the arm strength to make certain throws. They want to get him under center and see how he commands an offense, and how he reads a defense and makes changes at the line. They want to sit down with him and go over film and interview him. Personally, I'm not paying any attention to what some random dudes are tweeting about from the sidelines.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 15>1 View Post
    Frankly, I really don't think those throws are going to effect how teams view Easton. People in the know understand timing and how it's not going to be there right away with these guys. What they want to see is if he has the arm strength to make certain throws. They want to get him under center and see how he commands an offense, and how he reads a defense and makes changes at the line. They want to sit down with him and go over film and interview him. Personally, I'm not paying any attention to what some random dudes are tweeting about from the sidelines.
    Additionally, and this might sound complete ironic, Stick is the only QB at this camp that did not have weeks to a month of time of preparation for these drills. As soon as these guys get done with their college careers and sign up with an agent, one of the first things the agents do is get them in training sessions so the look as ready as possible for these practice situations. I know the drills aren't too much different than what he did at NDSU, but based on some of the videos I've seen, there is a clear mistiming with one receiver. I think had he been part of the Senior Bowl instead, that extra week of preparation would have helped.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Article with review of Easton and thoughts on how he would fit with Redskins:
    https://www-hogshaven-com.cdn.amppro...en-quarterback
    Anywhere but Washington.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

How is @NDSUfootball Easton Stick trying to escape the shadow of @cj_wentz and create his own identity?

The current all-time leader in FCS wins joined @NickWilsonWFNZ & @JoshParcell live from @Shrine_Game @Rep1Sports:

https://wfnz.radio.com/blogs/nick-wi...tball-football

Watched this video from the guy who posted a bunch of Stick day 2 videos on instragram:

This is a pretty good example of the level of genius you get out of draft twitter.

Highlights: Someone coming to his door freaks him out and his best line on Stick is that he can "bend his ankles".

Try to watch the video until the end.... I bet you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Anywhere but Washington.
    I’d have to agree with this. A curse hangs over that town and its name is DS.

For the lazy ones like me, MM did a compilation

https://www.inforum.com/sports/footb...at-Shrine-Game

Just needs to calm down a bit. Easier said than done

I really don't understand the whole Twitter Draft Experts thing... not an expert on the NFL, but pretty sure being a twitter draft expert is not the glide path to a cushy NFL Scout position. I am thinking they are just NFL draft yelpers -- the more uber critical they can be makes them feel smart or something.