Page 244 of 455 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 4542

Thread: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Default Re: The Easton Stick Mega Thread

Article with review of Easton and thoughts on how he would fit with Redskins:
    https://www-hogshaven-com.cdn.amppro...en-quarterback

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not sure what their background is, but optimum scouting seems knowledgeable about the Shrine Game, and they have a fair projection for Easton (rounds 3-5).

http://www.optimumscouting.com/news/...do-care-about-

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    For dumb.

Just stupid how polar opposite these are.
    Its crazy how different people see players especially QBs. Stick wasn't the only one with conflicting reports. J Taamu was also one. One guy said he had the great arm and lots of zip, great touch and was best QB on east squad. Another report said he sailed deep throws, ball fluttered out of his hand, late on throws, and he was inaccurate.

I just have a feeling a lot of these guys go in with their preconceived notions and unless a guy really wows them or really disappoints then they just push their previous held thoughts because in their minds (consciously or subconsciously) they were right all along

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    Its crazy how different people see players especially QBs. Stick wasn't the only one with conflicting reports. J Taamu was also one. One guy said he had the great arm and lots of zip, great touch and was best QB on east squad. Another report said he sailed deep throws, ball fluttered out of his hand, late on throws, and he was inaccurate.

I just have a feeling a lot of these guys go in with their preconceived notions and unless a guy really wows them or really disappoints then they just push their previous held thoughts because in their minds (consciously or subconsciously) they were right all along
    Or they get paid to prop some up and beat others down

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Article with review of Easton and thoughts on how he would fit with Redskins:
    https://www-hogshaven-com.cdn.amppro...en-quarterback
    How in the hell is the one fellas tweet considered ok? Don't know the paste and copy deal but he says that Easton is sure not your "Prototypical WHITE QB". If it was said QB X was not a "Prototypical BLACK QB" everyone would be screaming racism.......so tired of this double standard bullshit! Appears to be a black guy tweeting BTW...
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Or they get paid to prop some up and beat others down

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Most of the reports are coming from reporters of fairly new companies. My guess they are either seeking cash from agents to promote the agent's player(s), or they're just throwing whatever news they can for clicks and hopefully get enough correct predictions that leads them to a more legit job within the industry (it worked for Mel Kiper). Then again, maybe both.

With that said, none of the reports are that important since every NFL team has their scouts there to do their own assessment of each player they plan to target at the draft (or near afterwards).
    Hail the BISON!!!

Draft Twitter is a den of ulterior motives and inexperience. It's fun to watch but in the end those making the assessments that matter aren't broadcasting them out on twitter for competing teams to see.

https://twitter.com/DaltonBMiller/st...33749846044672

Y’all ready for three hours of Stick vs Rypien? I KNOW I AM! Be there with me. I’ll be putting them up in my Instagram story as often as possible during the afternoon practice

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Draft Twitter is a den of ulterior motives and inexperience. It's fun to watch but in the end those making the assessments that matter aren't broadcasting them out on twitter for competing teams to see.
    This. Most of the twitter twerks are wannabees. Real NFL scouts are not advertising their opinions to the masses.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Saw a tweet that Easton had team meetings with scouts from the Falcons and the Chargers.