Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the big hits!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Thoughts on the big hits!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    What made Heagle's so impressive is that it was another example of him hitting like a guy twice his size.

How does that guy do it? I'm guessing that's what #4 was asking as he picked himself off the ground and checked to see if his shoes were still attached.
    I loved Scottie Miller's call on that hit "Pruitt gets up off the turf and looks around at his teammates asking them if they got the license number of the truck that just hit him". Classic...

I totally misread the last word of this thread and was expecting an epic thread. But yeah, those Hits were awesome!
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Watching the replay tonight before the Vikes game. One thing that came to my mind was that after all the big hits everyone of the bison got up and walked away / back to their positions and didn't do anything fancy or try to show up the guy they just laid out. Nice no taunting crap.

GO BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody should post those 3 hits on You Tube. That's the most impressive collection of legal hits since sdsu 2010. We got some football players!!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Just demoralizing seeing your stud TE future nfl prospect on his ass.
    Yeah, he's never been hit before.
    subvert the dominant paradigm[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    That call was borderline BS. It was obvious he was pulling up and avoiding the hit and the contact was incidental. But he did make contact, and who knows what it looked like from the official's perspective.
    He was clearly pulling back, but I think they flagged because it was so far out of bounds. But it was os far out because of the speed of the players. Dudziks hits were the most impressive to me because he made them in the open field on a good RB. The hit on Pruitt was big but it was more about the timing of arriving before the TE got his feet set.
    subvert the dominant paradigm[/SIZE]

Shepard is a stud. There is talk he may be faster than Dudzik.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I totally misread the last word of this thread and was expecting an epic thread. But yeah, those Hits were awesome!
    Such a typical male pig.
    I'd appreciate it if you'd clean it up a bit.........................

hey girls................why is he not getting yelled at?>>>>huh?

Hopefully, someday, we get to the point where we glorify great "tackles".....and "big hit" fades away and out of football jargon.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They should throw a penalty flag at people trying to be Politically Correct all the time. I am hoping you were being sarcastic but there was no purple font. Just because you change the name to something that sounds nicer it doesn't actually change what it is. This North Dakota where we play "smash mouth football" and teams are nervous about how "physical" the defense is and if you don't get down you are going to get "leveled" by a safety.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns