Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Impermissable Benefits

Default Re: Impermissable Benefits

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Can you and I play poker sometime? I never play, but you'd be easy to read. I know you're going to go all in no matter what instead of feeling the game out and waiting to strike when the time is right.

If the Bison went for home runs every play, they'd eventually run out plays people have seen and I guarantee the turnovers would be 4x as many. You should be a fan of Oregon if you want to cheer for a flashy team that puts it all out for the first half and hopes to cruise in the second half.
    Well said... well written...you got your point across in a tactful manner... unlike...

[QUOTE So to answer your question, I don't like your attitude or assumptions, but I'm willing to move past it. We cheer for the same team, remember?[/QUOTE]

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

After reading this entire discussion, I think I forgot what the original question was. But I'm going to give my opinion and it may cover a few extra subjects as well.

1. The Slow start against tougher competition. Gabe mentioned Chess match, and I also used that term when talking about "Expectations". I think our objective in the first half of every game is to feel out a team and see what they're going to try and do to stop us. Coach made a comment in the post game interview that he noticed a few things before half that he knew would allow them to run the ball more effectively in the second half. I think he was right. Every single play, I believe, is a chess match move that sets up something else later. I do give credit to the teams we play, and the level of talent they have with their starters. I don't think it's a lack of effort at all from our players. I do however place blame on our players when they do uncharacteristic things like taking bad penalties and losing focus on fundamental situations. It doesn't happen very often with our guys and I love that about our team.
    2. The attitude of people on the board. I'm no saint and am probably guilty of getting into pissing contests over stupid things. But one thing I really try to not do is make someone feel bad. If it's a troll, they deserve everything they get. But if it's a Bison fan and they are just giving an opinion about something that I don't agree with, I usually just ignore it. A lot of things people end up giving opinions on are something I could care less about anyway. I don't like a bully either, and sometimes I think there are a few people on here that come across as bullies. A lot of that comes from the fact they played at one time for the Bison, or at least played football, and therefore they have the final say on what's right or wrong and the way it is. In the end, we're all just a bunch of fans of the Bison. We're all humans, with different personalities, different ages, men and women, and we've all got this one thing in common.......We're Bison Nation!!!

One more thing I'd like to add. If every poster on this board was like Roadwarrior for example, it would be pretty boring. I respect the guy for his knowledge, his commitment and support of the Bison, and his streak (unreal!!). But if you notice, he rarely if ever gives an opinion about something. It's 99.9% fact. Please don't misunderstand me on this, I'm only bringing him up to compare him to most everyone else on here. I'll take the emotion laden posts, bat $%^& crazy antics, off the wall, from left field, UN_ trolls, complainers, green and gold glasses wearing, old former players, fur coat wearing, bedazzled jean wearing, multiple thread starting posters, loafer wearing, and whatever else you can think of that makes up Bisonville, any day.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 10>1 View Post
    After reading this entire discussion, I think I forgot what the original question was. But I'm going to give my opinion and it may cover a few extra subjects as well.

1. The Slow start against tougher competition. Gabe mentioned Chess match, and I also used that term when talking about "Expectations". I think our objective in the first half of every game is to feel out a team and see what they're going to try and do to stop us. Coach made a comment in the post game interview that he noticed a few things before half that he knew would allow them to run the ball more effectively in the second half. I think he was right. Every single play, I believe, is a chess match move that sets up something else later. I do give credit to the teams we play, and the level of talent they have with their starters. I don't think it's a lack of effort at all from our players. I do however place blame on our players when they do uncharacteristic things like taking bad penalties and losing focus on fundamental situations. It doesn't happen very often with our guys and I love that about our team.
    2. The attitude of people on the board. I'm no saint and am probably guilty of getting into pissing contests over stupid things. But one thing I really try to not do is make someone feel bad. If it's a troll, they deserve everything they get. But if it's a Bison fan and they are just giving an opinion about something that I don't agree with, I usually just ignore it. A lot of things people end up giving opinions on are something I could care less about anyway. I don't like a bully either, and sometimes I think there are a few people on here that come across as bullies. A lot of that comes from the fact they played at one time for the Bison, or at least played football, and therefore they have the final say on what's right or wrong and the way it is. In the end, we're all just a bunch of fans of the Bison. We're all humans, with different personalities, different ages, men and women, and we've all got this one thing in common.......We're Bison Nation!!!
    Well put.
    Is OldManPuter a troll?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    Well put.
    Is OldManPuter a troll?
    I think he's harmless. His first post of this thread fell under the category of things I was just going to ignore. I've been around here since April of '05 and only have about 800 posts. Obviously, I let a lot of things go
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1