Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Impermissable Benefits

Default Re: Impermissable Benefits

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    So ridiculous posts are the sacred cows then?
    Not what I said. I agree with chaos that there may be a more tasteful way to bring it up and ask the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I think that on bisonville.com, if you bitch the team, especially individual players, you should expect some flak. It's not bitchaboutbisonville.com after all, and the Bison aren't the Vikings.
    Agreed. If you are going to post anything you should be willing to defend it as well as take some flak from those that disagree. But for every person who thinks that something is a ridiculous post...there are those who think those who disagree are wearing green and gold glasses.

Edit...and thank god the Bison arent the Vikings. Otherwise our house would be a very sad place on weekends.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Because it's a poor attempt at satire. If someone wants to start a discussion asking why NDSU seems to start slow there's more tasteful ways to do it then to start a thread entitled "Impermissible Jokes" and make a bad joke about how the players don't seem to think the game starts until halftime. I hate the cliché "if we would've played out game for 60 minutes" garbage that so many people love to us with their favorite teams. These are darn good teams the Bison are playing and they're not going to be able to dominate for 60 minutes but this was a dominant performance nonetheless.
    Exactly... A little discent isn't bad... But the poor attempt at humor and expectation that if the Bison don't dominate every quarter they somehow aren't giving 100% is what qualifies this thread for shame.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Because it's a poor attempt at satire. If someone wants to start a discussion asking why NDSU seems to start slow there's more tasteful ways to do it then to start a thread entitled "Impermissible Jokes" and make a bad joke about how the players don't seem to think the game starts until halftime. I hate the cliché "if we would've played out game for 60 minutes" garbage that so many people love to us with their favorite teams. These are darn good teams the Bison are playing and they're not going to be able to dominate for 60 minutes but this was a dominant performance nonetheless.
    I sincerely apologize for not having the same sense of humor as you. I will clear all future posts with you to make sure I have your blessing. Also, very sorry for pissing in your Cheerios, will not happen again.

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jude3 View Post
    Is it possible that our offense adjusts well at halftime because coach Vigen is able to tell the players face to face what looks he's seeing from above on the opposing team's defense?
    yes, that would be possible

perthbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    No it's the halftime power naps.
    do you soppose that each player drinks a bottle of that "5 hour energy" at halftime?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I sincerely apologize for not having the same sense of humor as you. I will clear all future posts with you to make sure I have your blessing. Also, very sorry for pissing in your Cheerios, will not happen again.
    No one's stopping you from having a discussion about it. By all means, have at it. Like I said, if you don't think SIU is a good team you haven't been paying attention to their season so far. Likewise, if you weren't happy with the level of domination by the Bison yesterday, you need to adjust your expectations IMO. Fully scholly FCS teams aren't just going to lay down for the Bison, especially ones that know and have proven that they can compete with the current NDSU team. Yesterday's performance, as a whole, was the most impressive performance since the K State game IMO.

I think this is a legit topic for discussion. The reality is when our offense is in synch, it is damn near unstoppable. But, at time we are pretty slow starting sometimes. I worry that if we caught a good opponent on a hot day, we may not be able to climb out of the hole created by a slow start.

If fans are concerned about that, it surely is a reasonable topic.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No one's stopping you from having a discussion about it. By all means, have at it. Like I said, if you don't think SIU is a good team you haven't been paying attention to their season so far. Likewise, if you weren't happy with the level of domination by the Bison yesterday, you need to adjust your expectations IMO. Fully scholly FCS teams aren't just going to lay down for the Bison, especially ones that know and have proven that they can compete with the current NDSU team. Yesterday's performance, as a whole, was the most impressive performance since the K State game IMO.
    My expectations are a 3rd straight national championship, nothing more, nothing less. I don't think SIU is a great team, I don't think they are bad team. IMO they are an upper-middle of the road MVFC team, and they won't make the playoffs. I don't put a whole lot of stock in strength of conference in the FCS or the BCS. In each subdivision there are only a handful of teams that are really capable of winning the whole thing. Back to the game yesterday and my expectations.

The Bison are a great team, like I said I expect them to win the championship, but they need to use regular season games as a warmup to the playoffs. I understand that part of their gameplan is to run the clock, be physical and wear down teams to where they can dominate in the 2nd half of games. And if you wanna sugar-coat the game yesterday and say that's what they did, that's your prerogative, but I disagree. The fact is they were outplayed in the first half yesterday, and it wasn't the first time this season. If they play like that in the playoffs then I'm worried.

Quote Originally Posted by WYOBISONMAN View Post
    I think this is a legit topic for discussion. The reality is when our offense is in synch, it is damn near unstoppable. But, at time we are pretty slow starting sometimes. I worry that if we caught a good opponent on a hot day, we may not be able to climb out of the hole created by a slow start.

If fans are concerned about that, it surely is a reasonable topic.
    Amen Wyo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    My expectations are a 3rd straight national championship, nothing more, nothing less. I don't think SIU is a great team, I don't think they are bad team. IMO they are an upper-middle of the road MVFC team, and they won't make the playoffs. I don't put a whole lot of stock in strength of conference in the FCS or the BCS. In each subdivision there are only a handful of teams that are really capable of winning the whole thing. Back to the game yesterday and my expectations.

The Bison are a great team, like I said I expect them to win the championship, but they need to use regular season games as a warmup to the playoffs. I understand that part of their gameplan is to run the clock, be physical and wear down teams to where they can dominate in the 2nd half of games. And if you wanna sugar-coat the game yesterday and say that's what they did, that's your prerogative, but I disagree. The fact is they were outplayed in the first half yesterday, and it wasn't the first time this season. If they play like that in the playoffs then I'm worried.
    Fair enough but I think you're selling SIU short. There's no denying the fact that NDSU got grossly outplayed in the first half yesterday but the fact that they were only down 3 at halftime shows a lot about how good of a team they are. If you look at SIU's schedule there's a good probability they win out (if Faulkner is healthy) and at 8-4 with their schedule I think they make the playoffs. That's a lot of speculation though and it's possible they slip up. We'll see, in any case I'm less worried about the Bison now then I was a couple days ago.