Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Random chatter about UNI game.

Default Re: Random chatter about UNI game.

From the UNI's Forum Default Re: UNI vs NDSU
    I might have missed it but didn't see any mention of the noise in the hand wringing about what went wrong. It was a MAJOR factor in my opinion. It had died down when we were up by 2 scores but when they got back in the game in the 4th quarter they were back with a vengeance - I think was the deciding factor in the game. (with the exception of the 2 flags on third down stops) My ears are still ringing. I think it was the loudest I have ever heard including Memorial in Lincoln and Arrowhead. The crowd is close and they are on all four sides. Players have trouble hearing in the huddle and lose the advantage of a snap count. And then the announcer screaming "you are the strength of the herd" whipping the crowd up. It wears on you.

Before this weekend I respected the bison before for what they accomplished - I now hate them. Congratulations screaming maniac bison fans. I hope to never step foot on the tundra again but I suspect we might be back there in December.

The important part is that UNI did not dominate. NDSU was beating themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    From the UNI's Forum Default Re: UNI vs NDSU
    I might have missed it but didn't see any mention of the noise in the hand wringing about what went wrong. It was a MAJOR factor in my opinion. It had died down when we were up by 2 scores but when they got back in the game in the 4th quarter they were back with a vengeance - I think was the deciding factor in the game. (with the exception of the 2 flags on third down stops) My ears are still ringing. I think it was the loudest I have ever heard including Memorial in Lincoln and Arrowhead. The crowd is close and they are on all four sides. Players have trouble hearing in the huddle and lose the advantage of a snap count. And then the announcer screaming "you are the strength of the herd" whipping the crowd up. It wears on you.

Before this weekend I respected the bison before for what they accomplished - I now hate them. Congratulations screaming maniac bison fans. I hope to never step foot on the tundra again but I suspect we might be back there in December.

One word describes that fanbase: Jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    One word describes that fanbase: Jealousy
    THIS!!!! It has got to just drive some of them crazy that we have a great chance to win three straight national titles and they have yet to win one.

Go Bison!

Dewey

I guess I better lose some weight and work on my accent a bit. (After reading the northern Iowa comments about us)

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I love how a lot of board chatter points our fan base to be arrogant and delusional. Well yes, it may be true to a point, but I believe we've earn it until we're knocked off. Anyone else would be the same if their team is the best in the country for 3 years running. Anyone who would deny that would be truly delusional. But UNI has no idea what it feels like to be a champion so you can't blame them too much? But hey, they've won 26 conference championships as they're quick to point out. When you're at the top, everyone is gunning for you and very quick to point ANY flaws.

Well, I guess I'm delusional. So much so I bought Frisco tickets last year and this year. It's called confidence and they don't have it for their team. It's funny uni is so proud of their loud uni dome And then complain about the noise in Fargo. Maybe they can just put more keys on their rings and shake them harder.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In the espn conversation box a uni fan goes into a paragraph about his trip to fargo and how nice everyone was and he now loves fargo.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Go to panthernation and see what the rest of that thread was about. Most at UNI want what we have now. At the UNI-Dome they have what the FargoDome used to be, which was very quiet except for a select few or 3rd down.

A rotten football week in Iowa – for everyone
    Low emotional point of season for Iowa, ISU and UNI
    http://thegazette.com/2013/10/06/a-r...-for-everyone/

NDSU 24 NIU 23 Texas 31 Iowa State 30 Michigan State 26 Iowa 14