Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Kramer

Default Jim Kramer

I have never started a thread before, but I thought Jim Kramer deserved one of his own. It's amazing how well conditioned the NDSU players are. Every single game, it seems like the other team is completely drained at the end of the 4th quarter, and our guys seem to get stronger. I was amazed during the K-State game. I couldn't believe that our guys wore down the K-State defense. At that time, I was thinking to myself that if we could wear them down, there wasn't an FCS team that we couldn't wear down, but I'm still amazed every week. It was extremely obvious in this game and the SDSU game that our guys are just better conditioned. Once the 4th quarter hits, you can just see the number of broken tackles and big runs pile up.

I have seen this discussed in other threads before, but I thought Jim Kramer deserved a thread of his own.

Default Re: Jim Kramer

Well said. It was very evident in today's game also we wore them down.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quite simply the job he does, especially during the offseason, makes the coaches job so much easier and he has been just as important in these championship runs as anyone else in the program.

Do strength and conditioning coaches move around a lot? I gotta think other schools have begun to notice the results he is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonboone11 View Post
    Do strength and conditioning coaches move around a lot? I gotta think other schools have begun to notice the results he is getting.
    It would be my guess that those guys don't move much. And probably because most teams don't put much thought into strength and conditioning beyond what was being done 20 or so years ago. A lot of programs pretty much think that one strength coach is a good as the next guy. And when a move does happen it is viewed upon as filling a spot that was left vacant. I am sure there are some smart AD's out there looking at Kramer right now who saw that Kansas game, heck maybe the AD for Kansas himself.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonboone11 View Post
    They will usually move for a couple reasons- 1) Head coach gets hired to a new position and takes him with. 2) They are looking to move and see and opening.

Not to common that a school will just hire a strength coach away from another school. Not saying it would never happen but not likely.

I have been noticing this as well. The K-State game was really noticeable.

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jim Kramer should have a closet full of game balls by now. This is one guy NDSU needs to make sure they retain. Very evident every game. Thanx Coach Kramer.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He is the best. I think I have said before that I personally credit him for two national championships. There is a reason why the top scoring offense in FCS has only scored a grand total of 3 pts against the Bison in the second half of two natty games. Do you remember how SHSU could barely walk off the field at halftime and the Bison ran off the field? Epic.

What else does Kramer do? I see him on the sideline with paper in hand directing the players on the sideline?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."