Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Why did students leave?

Default Re: Why did students leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I wish I could remember name of the anti-dome guy who actually counted the seats at Dacotah Field. The photo below is from 1986 and I don't think it ever held 12,000.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, I thought it was right around 12,000, maybe a little more. There was some sort of "set a new attendance record" push going on and they were shooting for 20,000. My memory is probably off, but I seem to recall being at a game where they claimed we had gone over 20,000. I think it was shortly after that the student went out and actually counted the seats. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    I thought the student turnout at homecoming was fine . What I couldn't believe was that we somehow set an attendance record. Less than 5 minutes before they announced my buddy and I were having a conversation about how empty the entire West side looked. 19 and 23 were all but abandoned, and even 20 and 21 looked liked they were missing people.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I thought it looked empty but I looked with my binoculars and realized people wearing dark colors look like empty seats when contrast against a yellow shirt. Serious. I think that's why they push for yellow because it sticks out

Saw some empties in the great seats

Now students in the 2nd half was empty

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MHDBisonfan View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, I thought it was right around 12,000, maybe a little more. There was some sort of "set a new attendance record" push going on and they were shooting for 20,000. My memory is probably off, but I seem to recall being at a game where they claimed we had gone over 20,000. I think it was shortly after that the student went out and actually counted the seats. Oops.
    Looks about as big as CAS to me....
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Mayville Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The seating chart says there's a little over $6 million in potential teammakers dues out there if everyone is paying what new members pay. Teammakers contributed a little over $3 million in scholarship money to the athletic department last year. There's either $3 million that historic ticket holders aren't paying, $3 million in teammakers dues somewhere else, or some combination of the two.
    Just before the recent success, you were still able to get in at a discounted rate no matter where you sit and then build up to where it should be. I wish I could remember my talk with Simmers perfectly, but I think it was something to the effect of a 4-5 year plan. If that was in effect for 2009-2010 seasons we still have a year or two. With as much demand as there is now, he would be stupid to allow the same thing to happen.

That still doesn't explain a 50% gap like you showed, so there must be some of the higher priced seats still below par. When did they up the requirements to half/three-quarters/full scholarship?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I wish I could remember name of the anti-dome guy who actually counted the seats at Dacotah Field. The photo below is from 1986 and I don't think it ever held 12,000.

you forgot online counts

The students left because they had to study.

Just read on a media release that Montana State is averaging just under 20k a game. So I went to their website and they had a story about how they broke an attendance record with 21k at a recent game...... oooookay... Does anyone think thats just ridiculous? their stadium capacity is listed at a few hundred less than ours... but they say theyre packing 2-4 thousand more than us per game. I understand they have bleachers and an open endzone for standing room... But it looks to me that both of our sidelines have more seats... and our endzone looks to be a toss up... and then we had an additional endzone to top it off...

Two thoughts come to mind
    1. They're HORRIBLE at counting in Montana, and have a case of the NDSU's from the 80's when we too claimed to have around 20thou for some games.
    2. Their counting is correct and they are somehow drawing 20k/game... which makes me wonder "If MSU can get 20k/game.. how many can We draw- CONSISTANTLY. We have twice the fanbase as them MINIMUM. sooo... how many? My guess would probably cap out at 24k or so right now... thoughts? (And I'm sure this has been talked about before, but just humor me with an estimate please haha)

Are you implying they are over estimating by a few zenners? Or arw you saying that those counting are a few zenners short of a first down?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Are you implying they are over estimating by a few zenners? Or arw you saying that those counting are a few zenners short of a first down?
    Hahah... I believe BOTH of those are correct. gotta be a few zenners short of a first down if you walk outta a game with The Bison last minute haha

They leave early at other places, too.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-leaving-early