Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tickets, availibility and prices

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Tickets, availibility and prices

I don't take lakes point of view that 30,000 tickets can be sold, I personally dont think we would sell that many more. My reasoning is that tickets are available. If tickets were in the demand for 30k, or even 25k my argument is you couldn't be able to find tickets for the biggest home game of the year at any price, much less at face this close to the game.

I had given my tickets away earlier and had to scramble to get tickets today. I was able to obtain 6 at face or slightly over. I hear Lakes yapping how he come 100 bucks for sro, etc.

So what did people sell for, pay for, what is the availability tonight?

Default Re: Tickets, availibility and prices

Check these yo. Demand is there

*NDSU vs UNI reserved Tickets*$425*tickets - by owner*NDSU vs UNI Reserved Seats*$175*tickets - by owner*NDSU UNI TICKETS*$100*(meet at dome)*map*tickets - 1*(fargo)*tickets - by owner*NDSU Vs UNI Saturdays Game 3 Tickets RESERVED SEATING SEC 27*$150*(Crookston MN)tickets - by owner

*ndsu tickets*$150*(fargo)*tickets - by owner*Bison vs UNI - Reserved Seats*$175*pic*tickets - by owner*ndsuTickets-Great Seats near aisle*$95*(Sec. 102, Row 15)*pic

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I don't take lakes point of view that 30,000 tickets can be sold, I personally dont think we would sell that many more. My reasoning is that tickets are available. If tickets were in the demand for 30k, or even 25k my argument is you couldn't be able to find tickets for the biggest home game of the year at any price, much less at face this close to the game.

I had given my tickets away earlier and had to scramble to get tickets today. I was able to obtain 6 at face or slightly over. I hear Lakes yapping how he come 100 bucks for sro, etc.

So what did people sell for, pay for, what is the availability tonight?
    My family uses my season tickets for games I can't make it to. (all of them this year) They have to take turns with the ones I have, since it isn't enough for all of them. I could use six more season tickets easily per game. No chance in getting any though without some six figure donations.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

With how quickly tickets sold out for this game, yeah I think 25k could have been sold easily.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post

*NDSU vs UNI reserved Tickets*$425*tickets - by owner*NDSU vs UNI Reserved Seats*$175*tickets - by owner*NDSU UNI TICKETS*$100*(meet at dome)*map*tickets - 1*(fargo)*tickets - by owner*NDSU Vs UNI Saturdays Game 3 Tickets RESERVED SEATING SEC 27*$150*(Crookston MN)tickets - by owner

*ndsu tickets*$150*(fargo)*tickets - by owner*Bison vs UNI - Reserved Seats*$175*pic*tickets - by owner*ndsuTickets-Great Seats near aisle*$95*(Sec. 102, Row 15)*pic
    You can ask any price you want, what did you actually pay for them?

Ticket availability isn't really what should decide the stadium size. If we had 30,000 seat stadium we could sell another 5000-7500 season tickets plus add more student seats if necessary. The bottom line is we will need a new stadium in 10 years. The FD will be 30 years old. We need more seats for an FBS move or wherever we end up. If we truly want to keep growing. The planning should be taking place now!

So what happens if you build a 30,000 seat staduim and the team is bad and you are back at 8k a game.

You have had a two year run of ticket demand. If the demand was there, prices would be driven up, NDSU could take advantage of this, but they don't. In talking with folks in the program, I don't think they know what the demand is. Sure, people can say they want the tickets, but will they really buy them? In addition, new tickets and new staduim doesn't mean tickets will be affordable (look at the vikings and PSL's today), additionally I remember when the Ralph was built, and a long season ticket holder thought cheaper tickers because capacity doubled, look at the cost of the UND hockey tickets. You have an elasticity of demand, because people say they want tickets, doesn't equate to the purchase of tickets and at what price.

Secondly or thirdly, NDSU and college football in general will start running into the same problem as the pros, its just better and easier to watch from home. HD tv, better production, make the home experience better.

Not discounting the demand and the coolness factor of Bison football, but I don't buy into the need for a bigger staduim or fbs affiliation.

could have been 18-20k season tickets this year

based on rough figures I heard
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    could have been 18-20k season tickets this year

based on rough figures I heard
    At what price? The 25 bucks a game price? But that isn't the price for tickets, if you want season tickets, its going the teammakers route and that is much more expensive. So people can say they want season tickets when advertise for $150 for the packet, but in reality those tickets don't exist. I hear people are paying silly money to get them though ticket master. If that is the market, good for Team Makers and NDSU, but not many can afford that.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post

Is that asking price or what they sold for?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."