Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Olson

Default Re: Grant Olson

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Couldn't watch today - How serious?
    Almost certainly done for season. Structural knee damage. Probably ACL tear, but MRI will determine which ligament(s) is damaged.

(info from NDSU medical staff via Jeremy Jorgenson on radio)

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Couldn't watch today - How serious?
    Tv saying acl injury
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Tough break for Grant. I think his coaching career just started.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Tough break for Grant. I think his coaching career just started.
    Agreed. Only silver lining to the dark cloud. In a way, it's good for his future. He wasn't planning on coaching(industrial engineering), but Bohl and the others think he would be really good at it. Now he gets a chance to see if it's something he'd like to do for a career.

Hoping for the best, but Grant seemed to think it was serious.

Looked like he had a wrap around a knee going into the game, but I'm probably wrong.

His reaction leaving the field seems to be that he knows its not good. As soon as he got his pads off and on crutches he had a clipboard on the sideline. True superstar

I think at this point one has to assume that regardless of which tendon it was, it's season-ending, and for a senior that means career-ending. Absolutely heartbreaking. Grant's been a superstar in his years here, whether it was notching his first sack on a broken play at Montana State or racking up 29 tackles on Wofford or icing the KSU game this season with the last-second pick. Not our flashiest defensive player by a long shot but always had the defense settled down and focused on the goal, and was the centerpiece of one of the best defensive units to play for the Bison. Can't say enough about his leadership and how much of a pleasure it was to watch him play at NDSU. I think he's absolutely cemented his legacy as one of the best linebackers to play here.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

My wife interviewed Esley after the game. She said he seemed a little emotional about Grant going down.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by DjKyRo View Post
    I think at this point one has to assume that regardless of which tendon it was, it's season-ending, and for a senior that means career-ending. Absolutely heartbreaking. Grant's been a superstar in his years here, whether it was notching his first sack on a broken play at Montana State or racking up 29 tackles on Wofford or icing the KSU game this season with the last-second pick. Not our flashiest defensive player by a long shot but always had the defense settled down and focused on the goal, and was the centerpiece of one of the best defensive units to play for the Bison. Can't say enough about his leadership and how much of a pleasure it was to watch him play at NDSU. I think he's absolutely cemented his legacy as one of the best linebackers to play here.
    Bummer. Great leader and player. Legendary around here and he will get a well deserved roar on senior day. Good luck to Grant!

Next guy up just like we've done in the past, whether its Preston Evans or Joe Mays - we will be fine. Littlejohn looked incredible

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

yea he could hardly walk on it during the second half. smart money would be ACL.

sucks. he was an excellent middle linebacker. Gonna miss his leadership in the playoffs