Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Olson

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Grant Olson

I recently had the opportunity to have lunch with Grant and it allowed me to get to know him on a more personal level. While I think he's a great on the field example, I found his faith and off the field example to be even greater. If anyone is interested in reading an interesting blog Grant wrote, go to www.grantolson34.blogspot.com.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

I remember Zach Thomas (middle linebacker)who played for the Miami Dolphins for like 12 years. He came out of Texas Tech and everyone thought he was way to small to play at the NFL level. Well look how that turned out, great career and 7-8 pro bowls. There is just no knowing what Olson could do if he got a shot.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Brewster is one my favorite college coaches, for getting the wrong guys and over looking the group of seniors we have on this team.
    "We All From Africa"

Joe Mays is 5'11" and was 243 lbs while at NDSU. Grant is 6' and 228. Joe was drafted by the Eagles in the sixth round of the 2008 NFL Draft. I like Grant's chances.

Quote Originally Posted by 10>1 View Post
    I recently had the opportunity to have lunch with Grant and it allowed me to get to know him on a more personal level. While I think he's a great on the field example, I found his faith and off the field example to be even greater. If anyone is interested in reading an interesting blog Grant wrote, go to www.grantolson34.blogspot.com.
    Thanks for sharing that!!

Quote Originally Posted by 12th man View Post
    Joe Mays is 5'11" and was 243 lbs while at NDSU. Grant is 6' and 228. Joe was drafted by the Eagles in the sixth round of the 2008 NFL Draft. I like Grant's chances.
    Joe was also a different breed of animal than Grant. Joe had/has the physicality and physique to play in the NFL. Grant, while being a tough SOB, doesn't quite have the "physique" one would look for and say "Yep, he's physically ready to go to the next level." I really hope Grant proves me wrong.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    Joe was also a different breed of animal than Grant. Joe had/has the physicality and physique to play in the NFL. Grant, while being a tough SOB, doesn't quite have the "physique" one would look for and say "Yep, he's physically ready to go to the next level." I really hope Grant proves me wrong.
    Joe did/does have a ridiculous physique. Looked like one of those chiseled comic book characters.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Looked like one of those chiseled comic book characters.
    Is it cold shower time?
    "You're either green and growing or ripe and dying." - Craig Bohl

Remember L.J. Fort from UNI? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._J._Fort Played a whole season for Cleveland last year.

Fort is listed as 6', 230 pounds.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Grant has everything you need to succeed at the next level...except maybe ten pounds which should be doable. Simple as that.