Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Olson

Default Re: Grant Olson

I think that grant should jump out of a b52, land at mid field by parachute, then do that Clint Eastwood.gran Torino gun thing to the opposing teams coach.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by bisononce View Post
    Cas, you saying to dress Grant might mean taking away one able body that could be needed in the event of attrition - overtime game, injuries, etc? Ever know of a Bison case from the past where a player "dressed" in a symbolic gesture?
    I had read somewhere that back when Babich was coach there was a guy that was a kicker on the team from Coos Bay Oregon I believe. I can't remember his story but he had some issues, I seem to remember/think that Babich allowed him to dress for at least some of the home games, and a few times let him kick a PAT or two. It was a long time ago that I read this, can anyone out there fill in the rest of the story. I remember reading that he made at least one if not two of the PATs and the crowd went wild for it.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    I had read somewhere that back when Babich was coach there was a guy that was a kicker on the team from Coos Bay Oregon I believe. I can't remember his story but he had some issues, I seem to remember/think that Babich allowed him to dress for at least some of the home games, and a few times let him kick a PAT or two. It was a long time ago that I read this, can anyone out there fill in the rest of the story. I remember reading that he made at least one if not two of the PATs and the crowd went wild for it.
    I found his name, it was Russ Yeager. Looks like he got to kick in two games, Moorhead St and Morningside back in the 2000 season.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    I found his name, it was Russ Yeager. Looks like he got to kick in two games, Moorhead St and Morningside back in the 2000 season.
    I went to school with Russ and have some stories...bisonmike2 does as well...I'll elaborate further tomorrow.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

would anyone be surprised if grant saw the field?

Swaghook is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    would anyone be surprised if grant saw the field?
    nope it is the only reason that I could conclude from delaying the surgery. Definitely could not attempt such an action post surgery until it 100% healed but before surgery really is not going to make it much worse still needs the surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaghook View Post
    nope it is the only reason that I could conclude from delaying the surgery. Definitely could not attempt such an action post surgery until it 100% healed but before surgery really is not going to make it much worse still needs the surgery.
    Wouldn't they want the swelling to go down before surgery?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Swaghook View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. A torn ACL is a torn ACL. Playing on it probably can't do more damage to the ACL but he certainly would be risking damage to the other ligaments. I know of High School players who have played on torn ACLs (sometimes without knowing it). I'm not sure it is a great idea.

Could I give him the ACL of my first born child or would that violate a NCAA rule?

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. A torn ACL is a torn ACL. Playing on it probably can't do more damage to the ACL but he certainly would be risking damage to the other ligaments. I know of High School players who have played on torn ACLs (sometimes without knowing it). I'm not sure it is a great idea.
    Jimmy Hitchcock the former Viking corner didn't have an ACL http://espn.go.com/magazine/flemfile_20011009.html

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com