Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Olson

Default Re: Grant Olson

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobison View Post
    Olson tells the Trib he's out with torn ACL http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/231431751.html
    That really sucks. Hell of a player.Best of luck to him.

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Didnt Jeremy Gordon tear his ACL too,yet he plays on with the help of a brace. Why does this happen,yet Grants career is ended????

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTyem View Post
    Didnt Jeremy Gordon tear his ACL too,yet he plays on with the help of a brace. Why does this happen,yet Grants career is ended????
    Perhaps his NDSU career is over since he is a senior. Would he have played after college?

Back on topic. Grant you were a pleasure to watch. I have never seen a better ndsu linebacker. That Woffard game was one for the ages. I look forward to you getting your third ring and seeing you inducted into the ndsu athletic hall of fame.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Back on topic.

Grant you were a pleasure to watch. I have never seen a better ndsu linebacker. That Woffard game was one for the ages. I look forward to you getting your third ring and seeing you inducted into the ndsu athletic hall of fame.

Grant is talking about delaying his surgery until after the season so he can help the team from the sidelines. Can those of you with medical backgrounds or those that have had ACL injuries explain why having the surgery now would interfere with those plans? Do you have to stay off your feet for significant time after the surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Grant is talking about delaying his surgery until after the season so he can help the team from the sidelines. Can those of you with medical backgrounds or those that have had ACL injuries explain why having the surgery now would interfere with those plans? Do you have to stay off your feet for significant time after the surgery?
    yes, I think it's 2-3 weeks limited stress, I'm assuming standing walking the sidelines would be detrimental for proper healing. they need to bone graph the ligament

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Speaking of experience of blowing my knee out playing basketball at the age of 43, I was able to get around no problem for six months or so. And when I did activities such as snow shoeing, I braced up. I even played basketball with my brace prior to surgery. I am thinking, that unless the damage is causing complications, he could delay surgery, and most likely, move along on the sideline just fine (however, this is an assumption as every person is impacted in a unique way).

When you have surgery, you are limited to what you can do for awhile and are on crutches for a spell. That would not be conducive to standing and moving along the sidelines. And getting out of the way quickly if there is a tackle on the sidelines.

Thus, I can fully understand his decision to delay surgery, especially since he is a senior. Side note --- if this happened to a potential high draft choice, that person would be getting surgery ASAP so that they would be ready to go by fall 2014.

I just read a study last week I believe from Sweden that when comparing at 15 years ACL Surgeries that were done immediately and pushed back a significant amount of time there were no long term differences. I also believe from what I have read it was just the ACL that was tore on Grant. A lot of times a MCL and medial meniscus go with it but his sounded like just a sprained MCL so they are still intact and he was lucky to not suffer the unhappy triad.

He will be able to be active on the sidelines. I wonder how bad the MCL was strained and if there was any meniscus damage and how stable his knee will be with some rehab and bracing in say 8 weeks post injury??????? There has been some athletes and even some studies that have just ACL tears back playing later in the season. The problem is that you are setting yourself up for a worse injury and taking out the MCL and meniscuses. Could you make it through a championship game???????????? Just a thing that makes you go hmmm............
    Last edited by Bison"FANatic"; 11-25-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Will delaying the surgery affect his pro chances? I know he wasn't hitting on many draft boards but he's a prime candidate for an undrafted free agent try out. Or has he not expressed any interest to take his career to the next level? I'll take him with torn ACL and all over some of the players the Packers are putting on the field.